The Multiplayer Group (MPG) is a team of 300 developers and data scientists who help clients and partners build 20+ AAA projects at any one time. They are looking for a strong engineer with professional experience in games to design and implement functionality for AAA external clients. The ideal candidate should have experience with PC development and consoles like PS4/PS5 and XboxOne/SeriesX. They should also have excellent C++ programming skills and knowledge of Unreal (UE4 or UE5), Unity, and other proprietary engines. Experience with developing multiplayer games and smart or mobile devices is highly desirable. The candidate should have attention to detail, excellent problem-solving, debugging, and optimization skills, and the ability to use initiative and take proactive action to provide solutions.
The Multiplayer Group (MPG) are 300 developers and data scientists, helping our clients and partners build 20+ AAA projects at any one time. We’re probably the most experienced multiplayer dev group in the world and we’re set up to help the games industry make games more easily, to deliver the highest quality, and become long-term partners.
We hire the best people, our talented team is spread across the globe. We’re remote-friendly and big on wellbeing, so if you love the sound of us, we’d love to hear from you!
What you'll be doing?
- Design and implement functionality for AAA external clients
- Responsible for implementation in a number of areas including but not limited to gameplay, AI, UI, Multiplayer, Core Tech
- Identify and highlight any potential risks in the solutions that are being worked on
- Solve problems through the application of sound software engineering principles
- Continuously work to minimise technical and maintenance issues
- Champion quality in MPG and our clients development process
- Other duties as assigned
What we will need from you?
- A strong engineer with professional experience in games
- At least one or more shipped game
- PC development experience
- Experience with consoles like PS4/PS5 and XboxOne/SeriesX is preferable
- Excellent C++ programming skills
- Knowledge of Unreal (UE4 or UE5), Unity and other proprietary engines is preferable
- Experience of developing for multiplayer games highly desirable
- Experience with smart or mobile devices would be a plus
- Attention to detail with a strong ability to analyse and comprehend direction
- Awesome technical insight and a finisher of technical tasks on time
- A good communicator with the ability to verbalise conceptual thoughts and the willingness to accept constructive critique
- Ability to use initiative and take proactive action to provide solutions
- Excellent problem solving, debugging and optimisation skills
Apply for this job
Location: Remote - UK
Country: United Kingdom
Date found: 2023-03-17