Our mission is to harmonize people and technology to create a better, more unified world. Our vision is to amplify the best parts of you and to advance the human spirit. To achieve these goals, we are committed to building and empowering a diverse team of people and fostering an inclusive culture through our values of unity, innovation, and user centricity.
Magic Leap is looking for Ph.D. , Masters, or Bachelors students to join our team for a 3 month Summer Program for students who are underrepresented in the field of Engineering/Computing. This includes, but is not limited to, those who self-identify as women, African American/Black, Hispanic/Latinx, Native American, Alaskan Native, Native Hawaiian, Pacific Islander, Indigenous Peoples, LGBTQI+, active or Veteran service members, and/or persons with a disability. We are committed to empowering and elevating representation, inclusion, and belonging in our workforce and in our pipeline of future researchers and engineers!
The Magic Leap System Applications team is composed of highly-skilled and passionate individuals who are dedicated to delivering system applications for the next generation of Magic Leap devices. We are currently seeking a software summer intern to join our team and contribute to the development of our products.
This internship will begin in June 2023 and requires physical presence at Magic Leap's headquarters in Plantation, Florida.
- Become familiar with project goals, existing software designs and development environment
- Collaborating with Senior developers to understand software requirements and design solutions
- Assisting in the development and maintenance of software applications
- Complete assigned tasks efficiently, with few iterations
- Write production-ready code
- Assist with bug-fixing for various applications and work with teams to pursue root-cause analysis
- Conducting unit and integration tests to ensure software quality
- Experience programming in an industry-standard language (e.g. Java, C#, C/C++)
- Experience with Unity and/or Godot 3D engines, or other industry game engine
- Experience in Android development
- Experience using command-line tools, e.g. adb, ssh
- Familiarity with software development methodologies, such as Agile or Scrum
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
Nice to Haves
- Skills in mathematics, e.g. linear algebra, trigonometry, 3D geometry a plus
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science or a related field
- All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines
Location: Plantation, FL
Country: United States