Software Engineer, Quality
Role descriptionThe opportunity
Our mission in the Platform Systems quality team is to make Unity the best engine choice for developers on mobile, consoles, and all other platforms. Verifying new features, ensuring our customers can rely on the stability of any platform, and making certain Unity games run fast is what gets us up in the morning!
We’re looking for a Test Engineer to join our skillful team in Vilnius. You’ll be a trusted part of the group, working closely with the Platform Systems development team on significant improvements and cutting edge features specifically for our wide range of platform targets.
Unity is used in a huge and diverse range of games and other verticals such as film or automotive. You will have the opportunity to develop and influence technology used by developers in studios all over the world. With your help, titles built with Unity will continue to be some of the best around.What you’ll be doing
- Provide feedback about the state of the Unity product in order to support the development and inform development decisions
- Work closely with developers and other quality engineers to provide early feedback to new features and functionality
- Develop and maintain the test approach for your designated areas of the product
- Build positive relationships and collaborate with other testers and developers in an agile environment
- Work with customers to reproduce their bug reports in-house, provide assistance and advice
- Experience with an object oriented programming language such as C#
- Experience using Unity
- Experience as a QA Engineer
- An observant and analytical approach to problem solving backed up with a high level of personal motivation
- Confident communicating with colleagues and customers and have an excellent level of English
- Prior experience in platform development, such as mobile, consoles
- Prior experience developing games
- Programming experience with another scripting languages
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
Unity is at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than five billion times per month in 2020. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Location: Vilnius, Lithuania
Date posted: 2022-01-20