In defence, we’re transforming how those who keep us safe prepare for the threats of the future. Join us and you’ll help build the most innovative virtual worlds available, so our defenders can plan, train and make life-saving decisions in the real one.
The platform foundations team delivers the operational and foundational capability of the Synthetic Environment Platform by providing the services and automated configuration of the base infrastructure that underpin a secure, resilient, and robust ecosystem.
- Design and develop platform foundation components and capabilities with recorded architectural decisions, automated tests and supporting technical documentation.
- Collaborate and seek feedback with other engineering teams to learn about Platform components and service needs, as well as integration and usage patterns
- Research and evaluate new technologies based on needs and feature requests from engineering teams
- You will develop infrastructure as code to support repeatable installations and upgrades of a Synthetic Environment.
- You will develop APIs and libraries to support foundational services such as authorization policy enforcement of persistence interfaces for ease of use and/or for abstraction purposes for multi cloud support needs.
Why You're Made for This
- Cloud Engineering: Experience working with any of the major cloud vendors and ‘Infrastructure as Code’ (ideally with Terraform).Good knowledge of Linux
- Security: Working knowledge of common cloud access control models, Zero Trust models and Knowledge of policy as code (for example, OPA (Open Policy Agent)), is beneficial, but not essential.
- Programming: Experience in developing APIs and libraries (supported by automated tests) in one or more programming languages. Golang would be ideal.
- Containerisation: Experienced with Kubernetes and Docker. Knowledge of advanced concepts like K8s operator model, networking and storage orchestration is desirable but not essential. Similarly, experience with Helm is ideal.
- Observability: Experience in configuring, deploying and supporting (sharing best practices) Prometheus, Grafana and Loki (or similar tooling). Knowledge of advanced observability, such as profiling and network visualisation is beneficial but not essential.
Everyone brings different experiences, perspective, knowledge and skills that makes each one of us brilliant. You don't have to meet all the requirements and experiences on this job advert to apply for and be successful in this role.
While we think the above experience could be important, we’re keen to hear from people that believe they have valuable experience to bring to the role. If you identify with the team and mission, but not all of our requirements, then please still apply.
Due to the nature of this role, you will be expected to meet requirements associated with obtaining UK security vetting clearance; including an unbroken residency in the UK for the previous 5 years. If you think that this might be an issue for you, please let us know
Improbable is determined to foster an environment where people can do their best work and feel like they belong. We believe a healthy culture, strong values and contribution from a diverse range of individuals will help us to achieve success.
We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, gender, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.
Life at Improbable
Diversity, inclusion & belonging
Apply for this job
Location: Hybrid – London
Date found: 2022-11-06
Get jobs like this directly to your Inbox
Create Profile and Get Noticed