We are Sports Interactive 🎮
The gaming studio behind: ⚽ Football Manager.
Founded in 1994, Sports Interactive (‘SI’) became a wholly owned subsidiary of SEGA Europe in 2006. Based at the Here East technology hub in Stratford, East London, the SI team continues to expand as we bring our titles to an ever-growing audience across an increasing variety of platforms.
To support our growth, we welcome the opportunity to connect with passionate people with the drive to match our ambitions and initiative to realise your individual potential.
You will be joining a passionate and flourishing Match Team, who are responsible for the technological advancements of our state-of-the-art in-house deterministic engine which simulates and visualises football matches, and who care deeply about the realism and visual quality of the match simulation in our games.
As part of this team, you will be working with multiple teams across the studio to improve our match engine and technical infrastructure which supports the simulation. This includes working on our pipeline, tooling, automation, networking, as well as providing technical support for the teams that are responsible for our artificial intelligence, animations, physics, and graphical improvements to the match day experience.
- Develop and own areas of the match codebase to maintain them across all supported platforms and drive their direction.
- Design and implement complex systems and understand the impact they have on the wider match engine and experience.
- Analyse, identify, improve and fix issues in our match code base to maintain our deterministic engine.
- Develop and improve our tooling and workflows/pipeline.
- Work closely with our match AI, animation, art, graphics, and tools teams across the studio to continuously improve the look and feel of our match simulation.
- Mentor and develop technical skills of more junior programmers.
- Help more senior engineers and managers improve software engineering practices.
- Considerable C++ & C# knowledge.
- Professional experience using C++ or C# as the main language.
- Experience releasing a game using Unity Engine.
- Experience of designing and writing core systems and game mechanics.
- Ability to write clean, maintainable, and portable code.
- A good understanding of performance and optimisation.
- Very good analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work in a team as well as independently.
- Knowledge of other programming and scripting languages.
- Self-motivated with a drive to improve yourself and others continuously.
Benefits of Working at Sports Interactive:
- A flexible working policy to best suit you and your team. 🏠
- Subsidised mental health, therapy and coaching sessions are available. 😌
- Contributory Pension Scheme (up to 7% of annual salary). 🏦
- Free onsite evening bar in the Sports Interactive London HQ. 🍹
- A well-stocked breakfast bar with cereals, fruits, teas, and coffees. 🥣
- Regular events in collaboration with our partnered football clubs. 🏟️
- Access to our on-site physical and massage therapist services. 💆
- Multiple clubs and societies to join e.g., book club and art workshops.
- Free access to games released under the SEGA Europe umbrella. 🕹️
- A range of Gym Membership options through our Benefits partners. 🏋️
- Fully Subsidised Healthcare and Dental Plans. 🦷
- Free Travel Insurance for yourself and your family. ✈️
- A personalized football shirt upon passing probation. 👕
What is it like to work here?
We approach everything with passion, whether that is making our mark on the gaming and football industries or doing our bit for the world around us. We want to share that outlook with everyone who shows up to work here each day.
For us, talent wins games, but teamwork wins titles. Collaboration is the key to constantly topping our best. We believe everyone matters, no matter which part of the business you are in, so we encourage and support our people in driving your own growth and realising your full potential. But, more than anything else, we are a team. A team with a down-to-earth dynamic, that has a lot of fun doing what we do.
And whether that’s technical tweaks or fine-tuning our creative process, everything is geared at producing the best game possible for our players. To do that, we need to be tenacious and move quickly, and not be afraid of switching things up. It is these principles that have enabled us to produce a game that has defined year after year, and that will continue to push us for many more to come.
Our flexible working culture gives you the opportunity to optimise your workload, with in-office, hybrid, and remote working options dependent on role. So, if you want a work/life balance, we are behind you. Because while we live to create extraordinary games, we know that is not all you have got going on. You can trust that we always keep things in perspective, fostering an environment where work can be more than just a job.
We’re also a London Living Wage employer, boast one of the lowest staff turnover rates in the industry and are proud to have won the ‘Best Places to Work’ award by Gamesindustry.biz in their Environmental category in 2022.
We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from any relevant candidate irrespective of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion, or belief.
SI is proudly a Disability Confident Committed employer, and we are dedicated to ensuring our recruitment process is inclusive and accessible. Our studio has disabled access and facilities but please ensure you advise us if you require any other reasonable adjustments to be made to support you during the recruitment process.
Location: Stratford (London)/Remote (possible), United Kingdom
Country: United Kingdom