Software Engineer Intern, GameOps
Unity is looking for university students, with a desire to learn and grow and a curiosity about the real-time 3D industry, to join our software engineering teams based in Scotland as part of our internship program.
The program lasts for 11 months starting in July 2022 and concluding in June 2023.
The role is within our Game Operations group where we are developing products and services to make it easier for game developers and studios to build and run live games.
What you'll be doing
- Join one of our existing engineering teams
- Work alongside, and learn from, knowledgable colleagues across Unity
- Help solve real problems the team are working on for our customers
- Gain experience working on live, customer-facing, high scale applications
- Get hands-on experience working with a variety of modern programming languages and technologies
What we’re looking for
- You must be currently studying at a bachelor level and looking for a placement year starting in summer 2022
- Ideally, studying a computer science related degree, however we do consider applicants from other backgrounds
- Good knowledge and experience with at least one programming language
You might also have
- Knowledge of a modern front end framework such as React or Angular
- Awareness of database technologies such as MySQL, Postgres, Mongo, Cassandra or similar databases
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
Unity is at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than five billion times per month in 2020. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Location: Edinburgh, Scotland
Date posted: 2022-01-20