Twitch is the world's biggest live streaming service, with global communities built around gaming, entertainment, music, sports, cooking, and more. It's where millions of people come together to chat, interact, and make their own entertainment.
We're about community, inside and out. You'll find coworkers who are eager to team up, collaborate, and smash (or elegantly solve) problems together. We're on a quest to empower live communities, so if this sounds good to you, see what we're up to on LinkedIn and Twitter, get interviewing tips on Instagram, and discover projects we're solving on our Blog.
About the Role
We're kicking off lots of new projects here so you'll design solutions and then implement your vision. You'll work directly with your customers as part of the IVS video tools team, and will collaborate closely with other teams to iterate on what you build.
The video tools team works with its customers to design and develop the next generation of tools used by our organization and help us migrate to those tools. You will report directly to the Engineering Manager for Developer Tooling.
You can be located anywhere in the United States or Vancouver BC, Canada.
- Build tools that make engineers happy and make them more efficient
- Work with your customers (other engineers and operators) to understand their tooling needs
- Contribute to "build versus buy" decisions
- Co-own (with the team) projects delivering team goals
- An understanding of how to design processes to help automate operations
- The capability to evaluate new systems to understand their strengths and weaknesses
- 5+ years of experience with high-level programming languages
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages, etc.)
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US geographic markets. The base pay for this position ranges from $115,000/year in our lowest geographic market up to $223,600/year in our highest geographic market. Pay is based on a number of factors including market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Amazon is a total compensation company. Dependent on the position offered, equity, sign-on payments, and other forms of compensation may be provided as part of a total compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits.
Twitch values your privacy. Please consult our Candidate Privacy Notice, for information about how we collect, use, and disclose personal information of our candidates.
Job ID: TW7987
Location: New York City
Country: United States