PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Software Engineer II - Data
Sony Interactive Entertainment hosts a core data platform that empowers PlayStation 5. The Senior Software Engineer role will help architect, design, and develop our mission critical data activation platform. Come help shape the future of the world’s largest gaming, immersive interaction and entertainment content distribution platform!
- End to end exposure of the development process; from working with product requirement to go-to-market strategy
- Identify performance bottlenecks and build solutions for them
- Build highly available and performant systems
- Design, implement, ship and maintain highly visible consumer-facing features
- Tackle scalability issues with innovative technologies
- Participate in product road-map discussions and identify key areas for improvement
- Lead and mentor junior team members
- Experience developing high scale, distributed database systems
- Experience with distributed processing systems such as Apache Spark and/or Apache Flink
- 3+ years’ experience in software development, design and analysis using Scala, Java, or Python
- Experience working with event streaming platforms (Kafka/Kinesis/SQS)
- Experience in distributed Database technology such as Redshift/Snowflake
- Experience with AWS Big Data technologies such as Kinesis, Lambda, Firehose, DynamoDB, Athena/Presto.
- Experience building and developing Cloud-based big-data applications, preferably in AWS
- Ability to handle periodic on-call duty as well as out-of-band requests
- Ability to conduct technical deep dives into the code, cloud networking, deployments, and work closely with product
- Possess the drive and passion for quality with the ability to inspire, excite and motivate other team members
- Strong sense of ownership to provide world class customer experience.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, and be able to work with others at all levels, effective at working with geographically remote and culturally diverse teams
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.
Get jobs like this directly to your Inbox
Create Profile and Get Noticed