Twitch is the world’s biggest live streaming service, with global communities built around gaming, entertainment, music, sports, cooking, and more. It’s where millions of people come together to chat, interact, and make their own entertainment.
We’re about community, inside and out. You’ll find coworkers who are eager to team up, collaborate, and smash (or elegantly solve) problems together. We’re on a quest to empower live communities, so if this sounds good to you, see what we’re up to on LinkedIn and Twitter, get interviewing tips on Instagram, and discover projects we’re solving on our Blog.
About the Role
The VODs, Clips, and DMCA team builds products and features that enable Twitch Creators to grow their communities. As an engineer on the team, you will build new experiences and also contribute to many existing experiences used by our Creators such as Clips, VODs, DMCA tooling, and many features which are essential to Twitch Creators. You will report to an engineering manager and will work with other engineers and parters.
If you are passionate about helping creators on Twitch grow and succeed, this is the place for you!
- Work on a team to build high-quality Twitch products which improves the lives of our Creators
- Implement features in both the Twitch back and frontend tech stacks
- Develop new services using AWS to meet the needs of our products
- Define APIs to support several use cases which benefit creators
- Work backwards from customer need to create working designs
- Contribute to architectural, design, and process discussions involving technological choices
- Participate in the team's oncall rotation
- Completed a degree in Computer Science, a related Engineering discipline, or have equivalent experience
- Experienced 1+ years of professional software development
- Proficiency with at least one of the following languages: Python, Go, Java, Kotlin, C++ or Scala
- A foundation of data structures and algorithms
- An attitude of self improvement and collaborate with teammates
- Experience working on large-scale websites using React
- Experience working in a service-oriented or microservice architecture using Go
- Experience working with AWS or similar cloud platform services configuring infrastructure with code
- Experience with live streaming tools on Twitch or other platforms
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages, etc.)
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Twitch values your privacy. Please consult our Candidate Privacy Notice, for information about how we collect, use, and disclose personal information of our candidates.
Job ID: TW7640
Get jobs like this directly to your Inbox
Create Profile and Get Noticed