Welcome to Timbre!
We are Timbre Games (part of the Sumo Digital Group), a new studio in Vancouver, Canada focused on making exciting, innovative game experiences. Timbre’s vision is to change the games industry through the original games we make, as well as how we make them. We’re building an inclusive, supportive culture that allows us to explore fresh, new (and sometimes weird) ideas. We’re searching for more visionary explorers to join our team of diverse voices, coming together to develop games that are accessible to a wide audience.
If you’re thinking about your next adventure, send us your resume to talk to our team about how you can add your voice to the games we’re working on.
Engineering at Timbre Games
An Engineer at Timbre games will focus on creative, innovative and technically sound work. Our engineering team is fully integrated with all areas of game development and collaborates both technically and creatively. Our studio focuses on Unreal Engine 5, pushing everything we do towards technical excellence. We are lifelong learners, leaning on both internal expertise and external inspiration to continue our path of growth and development. We have a keen eye for best practices and elegant code, and ensure knowledge sharing, and mentoring are a priority.
Timbre Games is a Vancouver based early-stage game development studio with over 100 years of founding leadership. We believe culture drives creative, where we draw on community and diversity to build truly unique experiences.
Our mission is to build a world class network of Game Studios; to provide accessible awesomeness to our players, to our team, to the world.
Everyone has a story. Come write yours!
Engineering at Timbre Games
We are the tinkerers, the innovators, and the explorers. We enable the team to pursue our vision of diverse and accessible AAA games. Utilizing Unreal Engine 5, we’re pushing the games we make to technical excellence. We are lifelong learners, leaning on both internal expertise and external inspiration to continue our path of growth and development. We have a keen eye for best practices and beautiful code and make investigation, knowledge sharing and mentoring a priority.
We value interdisciplinary collaboration and creative contributions. We're open to applications from individuals with at least one year of professional experience in games or other creative industries.
Software Engineers -Gameplay use their broad range of experience to solve problems that do not neatly fit into any one category.
As a Software Engineer - Gameplay at Timbre Games, you:
- Investigate and advocate for improvements to strengthen and optimize our gameplay systems
- Collaborate with team members of various disciplines to design and implement proposed gameplay features and develop those features from prototype to production
- Collaborate closely with Designers, Animators & Artists to give life to our game ideas
- Write beautiful C++ code that is clean, clear, performant and aligns with coding best practices
- Support our studio culture and values by mentoring other programmers on best practices and learnings
What you bring:
- Experience with data structures, game logic and algorithms
- Experience using Unreal’s Gameplay Ability System
- Experience using UE5 workflows and plugins is a plus
- A demonstrated passion, experience building, and continued curiosity for various gameplay systems
About Timbre Games:
Timbre Games are headed up by industry veterans in beautiful Vancouver, BC. Our experience stretches through mobile to AAA (think Gears of War, the Sims, SSX, FIFA, Age of Empires, among others!). We’re excited to build a ‘playoff ready’ studio that is centered on creativity, humour and diversity. We can’t wait to share our first project that we’re secretly working away on, and we welcome your application with open arms as we grow a world-class studio here in Canada!
· Competitive salary & benefits
· Annual bonus & RRSP matching
- Flexible paid time off (unlimited) plus company paid days between Christmas and New Years and National Day for Truth and Reconciliation
· Remote / Work from home / Flexible hours
· Open door policy with direct access to leadership
· Industry veterans with a wealth of knowledge to share
Timbre Game’s Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Timbre recognizes the importance of creating an environment where all our employees feel included and empowered. We believe that culture drives creative, we value each employee’s unique experiences and perspectives across our company and recognize that it is both the smart and right thing to foster diversity, equity, and inclusion within our organization.
By diversifying our workforce, increasing equality, and ensuring that our individual differences are valued, we are better able to deliver an experience that reflects, inspires, and connects with our audience... because games are for everyone!
We Welcome ALL to Apply.
At Timbre Games, we believe that Culture drives Creative and we celebrate all backgrounds and attributes that make us unique and amazing - in this world and the ones we create! If you are excited about what we’re building at Timbre Games, we want to hear from you, even if you don’t think you check all the boxes!
If you believe you are who we’re looking for, contact us at: email@example.com
What you'll gain:
Timbre aims to foster a workplace environment that empowers our team to do their best creative work. Below are a list of some of the benefits we offer to ensure you reach your full potential. As we continue to grow, we are co-creating more values-driven benefits to support our team.
• Competitive salary & comprehensive health benefits, including extended health, dental, vision, life and AD&D insurance, short / long-term disability, 24/7 counselling through an employee assistance program and a health spending account available to you from your first day
• Annual bonus & up to 5% RRSP matching available to you from your first day
• Flexible paid time off (unlimited), plus holiday closure between Christmas and New Years, as well as National Day for Truth and Reconciliation
• Work with us in Vancouver or remotely across Canada, utilizing our $500 work from home allowance
• 1 year gaming subscription and weekly gaming days
• My Pathway - a Career Development Program to provide a clear path for you to grow at Timbre
• 8 learning days per year and unlimited access to Udemy online courses
• A values driven culture with direct access to leadership and industry veterans with a wealth of knowledge to share
Timbre’s Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Timbre Games is located in beautiful Vancouver, BC, Canada and on the traditional, ancestral, and unceded territories of the xʷməθkʷəy̓əm (Musqueam), Sḵwx̱wú7mesh (Squamish), and Sel̓íl̓witulh (Tsleil-Waututh) Nations. Although our roots are in Vancouver, we work with a remote, distributed team across Canada. If you are interested in an opportunity at Timbre Games but are not presently residing in Canada, please note that we may be able to offer assistance in immigrating / relocating under the right conditions.
Timbre Games is an equal opportunity employer and considers all candidates for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, marital status, military or veteran’s status (including protected veterans, as may be required by federal law), sexual orientation or any other category protected by law. We celebrate all backgrounds and attributes that make us unique and amazing - in this world and the ones we create!
At Timbre, we try to be mindful and not set unrealistic requirement expectations in order to apply. If you don’t tick all of the boxes of the role that you’re excited about, we encourage you to send your resume to our General Application inbox on our careers page, or, follow Timbre on LinkedIn to stay in touch with our newest openings.
Accommodations will be provided as requested by candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
If what we’ve shared above resonates with you, connect with us today!
Apply for this job
Location: Timbre Games, Vancouver
Date found: 2023-01-23
Subscribe to all Engineering jobs in Canada
Create Profile and Get Noticed