Software Engineer - Corporate Engineering
In this role you will be supporting and developing our internal services and systems. This work will be carried out in tandem with the Corporate Engineering team as well as working closely with IT and other teams throughout the company to identify and remove blockers of a range and sizes. These tasks range from and include but are not limited to; basic web integrations, scripts in multiple languages and platforms, serverless cloud functions, full scale automation systems.
Whilst working within this role you will also have to foster relationships with key stakeholders and administrators belonging to other departments in order to fully understand the tasks brought forward and have the ability to give professional advice on suggested solutions.
Areas for Impact
- You’ll investigate new avenues to accelerate engineering across all of Improbable
- You’ll continuously act as a force-multiplier for our engineering population.
- You’ll improve our suite of products supporting the day-to-day developer experience.
- You will work with support teams and tweak systems to facilitate their ability to support them.
- You will be getting involved with some devops related tasks such as IAC and CI, assisting other teams where necessary.
We'd like to hear from you if you identify with the following
- You’re customer focussed and enjoy solving problems to help teams succeed.
- Coding in a strongly typed language such as Go, Rust, C/C++/C# or Java, with knowledge of scripting languages such as Python, Powershell, Bash or Ruby.
- You are motivated by a desire to learn and to share your knowledge with others and shine in an environment of shared learning.
- Experience ingesting and creating APIs of any scale.
- Familiarity with infrastructure/orchestration technologies (Terraform, Ansible, K8s etc)
- You’re familiar with operating in production, inside cloud-native infrastructure using one or more large scale cloud platforms
- Continuous Integration and Delivery excite you, and you strive to avoid Continuous Irritation and Continuous Disappointment!
- You develop quality solutions and own them for their full lifecycle. You understand the value of optimising for the longer term while still being tactically pragmatic.
- An interest in the inner workings of enterprise platforms such as Google Workspace and Azure Active directory.
Core Technologies, what do we use day to day
- Languages: Go mainly, supported by Python, Powershell, Bash, Ruby and C++
- IAC/Orchestration: Terraform, Ansible, Kubernetes, Puppet, MDM
- CI: Buildkite, Github Actions
- Cloud: GCP, AWS and Azure
- Other: Slack (inc Webhooks/Apps), Intune, JIRA, ELK/Grafana, BigQuery, Sourcegraph
While we think the above experience could be important, we’re keen to hear from people that believe they have valuable experience to bring to the role. If you identify with the team and mission, but not all of our requirements, then please still apply.
Improbable is determined to foster an environment where people can do their best work and feel like they belong. We believe a healthy culture, strong values and contribution from a diverse range of individuals will help us to achieve success.
We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, gender, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.
Life at Improbable
Diversity, inclusion & belonging
Apply for this job
Location: Remote - UK
Date posted: 2022-01-20