The job is for a backend engineer to work in a team of developers at Multiplayer Group (MPG), a company that helps clients build AAA game projects. The engineer will be responsible for constructing systems, writing code, and deploying backend services. They will work with the team lead and stakeholders to estimate and prioritize work, iterate on solutions, and maintain high standards and processes. The ideal candidate should have solid engineering and code design skills, problem-solving skills, and experience in one or more of the following languages: Golang, Java, C#, Node.js, or C++. Experience with cloud platforms, microservices, and service-oriented architectures is desirable. The job is remote-friendly, and the company values employee well-being.
The Multiplayer Group (MPG) are 300 developers and data scientists, helping our clients and partners build 20+ AAA projects at any one time. We’re probably the most experienced multiplayer dev group in the world and we’re set up to help the games industry make games more easily, to deliver the highest quality, and become long-term partners.
We hire the best people, our talented team is spread across the globe. We’re remote-friendly and big on wellbeing, so if you love the sound of us, we’d love to hear from you!
Working in a team of backend engineers to deliver, deploy and help integrate backend services as part of industry leading game projects. Collaborate to define solutions and implement features on time and at high quality.
What you'll be doing:
- Individual contribution: construct systems, write code, deployments, etc.
- Work with the team lead and stakeholders to estimate and prioritise work
- Work alongside peers to iterate on solutions that fit requirements
- Keep lead and production appraised about revised estimates and delivery times
- Champion and maintain high standards and process: tests, CI/CD, documentation
- Help and support team members in day-to-day work
What we'll need from you:
- Solid engineering and code design skills
- Solid problem solving, debugging and optimisation skills
- Previous experience in ONE or more of the following languages: Golang, Java, C#, Node.js, C++
- Ability to create supporting documentation, designs, comments, etc
- Ability to discuss technical and production matters
- Excellent time management and ability to work independently
- Excellent technical communication skills
- Experience building distributed applications
- Attention to detail with ability to comprehend and follow direction
- A good communicator with the ability to verbalise conceptual thoughts and the willingness to accept constructive critique
What would help:
- Golang experience is highly desirable
- Experience with cloud platforms: Amazon AWS, Google Cloud and Microsoft Azure
- Knowledge of Microservices and service oriented architectures (SOA), especially Kubernetes and Docker
- Strong Database experience with both SQL and No SQL highly desirable
- Experience developing server backends for AAA games, free-to-play (mobile) games, casino apps or similar
- Previous experience in game development and shipping a game title
Apply for this job
Location: Remote - UK
Country: United Kingdom
Date found: 2023-04-11