Timbre Games, a new studio in Vancouver, Canada, is looking for a Software Engineer - Animation to join their team. The ideal candidate should have at least one year of professional experience in games or other creative industries, a thorough understanding of animation systems in Unreal Engine or Unity, experience with data structures, game logic, and algorithms, and a demonstrated passion and curiosity for animation and solving production challenges related to animation. The successful candidate will work closely with animators and designers to achieve a high visual fidelity for games and unlock novel gameplay opportunities. Timbre Games offers a competitive salary, comprehensive health benefits, annual bonus, flexible paid time off, work from home allowance, career development program, and a values-driven culture that celebrates diversity and inclusion.
Welcome to Timbre!
We are Timbre Games (part of the Sumo Digital Group), a new studio in Vancouver, Canada focused on making exciting, innovative game experiences. Timbre’s vision is to change the games industry through the original games we make, as well as how we make them. We’re building an inclusive, supportive culture that allows us to explore fresh, new (and sometimes weird) ideas. We’re searching for more visionary explorers to join our team of diverse voices, coming together to develop games that are accessible to a wide audience.
If you’re thinking about your next adventure, send us your resume to talk to our team about how you can add your voice to the games we’re working on.
Engineering at Timbre Games
An Engineer at Timbre games will focus on creative, innovative and technically sound work. Our engineering team is fully integrated with all areas of game development and collaborates both technically and creatively. Our studio focuses on Unreal Engine 5, pushing everything we do towards technical excellence. We are lifelong learners, leaning on both internal expertise and external inspiration to continue our path of growth and development. We have a keen eye for best practices and elegant code, and ensure knowledge sharing, and mentoring are a priority.
We value interdisciplinary collaboration and creative contributions. We're open to applications from individuals with at least one year of professional experience in games or other creative industries.
Software Engineers - Animation impact our team by working with our animators and designers to achieve a high visual fidelity for our games and unlock novel gameplay opportunities.
As a Software Engineer - Animation at Timbre, you will:
- Break down and solve animation challenges related to things like facial or character animation
- Work closely with Animators to ensure animations work the way they are expected, and closely with Designers to ensure animations feel as they should
- Set up and optimize animation state machines
- Maintain and develop supporting features for the game and the tools that go with it
- Collaborate with team members of various disciplines to review proposed features and develop those features from prototype to production
- Write beautiful C++ code that is clean, clear, performant and aligns with coding best practices
- Support our studio culture and values by mentoring other programmers on best practices and learnings
What you bring:
- A thorough understanding of animation systems in Unreal Engine or Unity.
- Experience with data structures, game logic and algorithms
- An understanding of the animation creation and engine import pipeline
- Experience using UE5 animation features is a plus.
- A demonstrated passion and curiosity for animation and solving production challenges related to animation
What you'll gain:
Timbre aims to foster a workplace environment that empowers our team to do their best creative work. Below are a list of some of the benefits we offer to ensure you reach your full potential. As we continue to grow, we are co-creating more values-driven benefits to support our team.
• Competitive salary & comprehensive health benefits, including extended health, dental, vision, life and AD&D insurance, short / long-term disability, 24/7 counselling through an employee assistance program and a health spending account available to you from your first day
• Annual bonus & up to 5% RRSP matching available to you from your first day
• Flexible paid time off (unlimited), plus holiday closure between Christmas and New Years, as well as National Day for Truth and Reconciliation
• Work with us in Vancouver or remotely across Canada, utilizing our $500 work from home allowance
• 1 year gaming subscription and weekly gaming days
• My Pathway - a Career Development Program to provide a clear path for you to grow at Timbre
• 8 learning days per year and unlimited access to Udemy online courses
• A values driven culture with direct access to leadership and industry veterans with a wealth of knowledge to share
Timbre’s Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Timbre Games is located in beautiful Vancouver, BC, Canada and on the traditional, ancestral, and unceded territories of the xʷməθkʷəy̓əm (Musqueam), Sḵwx̱wú7mesh (Squamish), and Sel̓íl̓witulh (Tsleil-Waututh) Nations. Although our roots are in Vancouver, we work with a remote, distributed team across Canada. If you are interested in an opportunity at Timbre Games but are not presently residing in Canada, please note that we may be able to offer assistance in immigrating / relocating under the right conditions.
Timbre Games is an equal opportunity employer and considers all candidates for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, marital status, military or veteran’s status (including protected veterans, as may be required by federal law), sexual orientation or any other category protected by law. We celebrate all backgrounds and attributes that make us unique and amazing - in this world and the ones we create!
At Timbre, we try to be mindful and not set unrealistic requirement expectations in order to apply. If you don’t tick all of the boxes of the role that you’re excited about, we encourage you to send your resume to our General Application inbox on our careers page, or, follow Timbre on LinkedIn to stay in touch with our newest openings.
Accommodations will be provided as requested by candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
If what we’ve shared above resonates with you, connect with us today!
Apply for this job
Location: Timbre Games, Vancouver
Date found: 2023-03-17