Twitch is the world’s biggest live streaming service, with global communities built around gaming, entertainment, music, sports, cooking, and more. It’s where millions of people come together to chat, interact, and make their own entertainment.
We’re about community, inside and out. You’ll find coworkers who are eager to team up, collaborate, and smash (or elegantly solve) problems together. We’re on a quest to empower live communities, so if this sounds good to you, see what we’re up to on LinkedIn and Twitter, get interviewing tips on Instagram, and discover projects we’re solving on our Blog.
About the Role
Twitch operates the largest dedicated live video CDN in the world, often delivering over 25Tbps to more than 5MM concurrent viewers. The Video Distribution team manages the software that operates that CDN, which includes everything from custom edge software that delivers video on thousands of hosts worldwide, to the graphing algorithms that manage our worldwide caching hierarchy, and to the complex and introspective algorithms that decide what server a user is assigned when they start playback.
We are looking for engineers who are excited by the thought of working across the entire CDN stack, from service load-balancing, to performance optimization, and to backbone traffic management. You'll help architect, develop, test, deploy, operate, and maintain our video software. As part of the team, we'll work together to help our broadcasters and viewers to create and interact in creative ways. You'll specifically be responsible for parts of our view counting system and related architecture. You'll report to the Software Development Manager of the Video Distribution Traffic Control team.
You can work in San Francisco, CA; Irvine, CA; Seattle, WA; New York, NY; Salt Lake City, UT; Vancouver, BC; Toronto, ON; or remote USA.
- Design, implement, and deploy new CDN features like dynamic content-replacement, ultra low-latency, and dynamic QoS load-balancing
- Lead the longer term vision and delivery of the Twitch and IVS View Counting systems.
- Create, test, and document services and their operational processes
- Help define the future of the Twitch video stack
- Collaborate across the company to design, build and improve critical video systems
- Experience building and scaling high availability distribute systems
- A desire to ship code in fast, iterative cycles
- Excellent command of at least one programming language
- A Bachelor's in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent experience
- 2+ years of related software development experience
- You know Go and have used it in production-ready systems.
- Working knowledge of WebRTC and real time video/audio systems.
- You've built brilliant APIs/interfaces that other programmers love to use.
- You've written a Linux kernel module, distributed storage system, or software load balancer.
- Experience with network programming
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- 401(k) (RRSP matching in Canada)
- Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages, etc.)
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
The base pay range for this position in Colorado, Connecticut, Washington and New Jersey is $143,700 - $194,400 yr and in New York City is $158,100 - $213,800 yr. Pay is based on market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. A sign-on payment and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. Applicants should apply via Twitch's internal or external careers site.
Workers in New York City who perform in-person work or interact with the public in the course of business must show proof they have been fully vaccinated against COVID or request and receive approval for a reasonable accommodation, including medical or religious accommodation.
Twitch values your privacy. Please consult our Candidate Privacy Notice, for information about how we collect, use, and disclose personal information of our candidates.
Job ID: TW7805
Get jobs like this directly to your Inbox
Create Profile and Get Noticed