The Pokémon Company International
Get to know The Pokémon Company International
The Pokémon Company International, a subsidiary of The Pokémon Company in Japan, manages the property outside of Asia and is responsible for brand management, licensing, marketing, the Pokémon Trading Card Game, the animated TV series, home entertainment, and the official Pokémon website. Pokémon was launched in Japan in 1996 and today is one of the most popular children's entertainment properties in the world.
Learn more online at Pokemon.com and on Facebook (facebook.com/pokemon), YouTube (youtube.com/pokemon), Twitter (twitter.com/pokemon), and Instagram (instagram.com/pokemon).
Get to know the role
Job Title: Software Development Engineer II
Job Summary: This role designs and develops software applications.
FLSA Classification (US Only): Exempt
People Manager: No
What you’ll do
- Take part in discovery of new features and enhancements to refine and create stories in JIRA.
- Design optimal solutions for the feature and enhancements.
- Implement the solution by customizing ElasticPath components or by creating new ElasticPath extensions in Java.
- Develop unit and integration test cases using JUnit and Cucumber.
- Fix bugs on existing code or enhance existing code to improve site stability and reduce errors.
- Provide estimates for bug fixes, enhancements or new feature requests.
- Regular communication and collaboration with other developers to ensure consistency across platform.
- Work closely with performance test team and identify areas for improvement.
- Share best practices with business users for better use of technology.
- Take part in code deployment and release process.
- Integrate NewRelic alerting in new feature development to measure performance and for monitoring.
- Keep up to date on ElasticPath features, best practices, and related technologies.
- Participate in a 24/7 on-call rotation to support global platform.
What you’ll bring
- Three (3) to four (4) years of related professional experience.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required.
- 5+ years of development experience with ElasticPath.
- 3+ years of experience working with Spring/SpringBoot and Apache Camel.
- 3+ years of experience working with Java 8.
- Working experience of JPA, and ActiveMQ is preferred.
- Experience operationalizing web applications for performance, scalability, and active discoverability of errors and degradation.
- Experience with New Relic, DataDog or similar tools for troubleshooting.
- Experience using version control (i.e., GIT) strongly preferred.
- Experience working on Mult-site architecture is strongly preferred.
- Highly professional, with the ability to deliver high quality work on tight schedules.
- Ability to work on multiple projects at the same time.
How you’ll be successful
- Passion for Pokémon: Develops an understanding of the Pokémon brand, the impact it has on our people, culture, business, fans, and communities, and applying that knowledge and passion to everything you do.
- Challenging the Expected: Approaches challenges with curiosity and creativity, embracing the possibility of failure as an opportunity to learn something new, develop innovative ideas, solve complex problems and identify unique opportunities.
- Integrity and Respect: Demonstrates integrity and respect by leading with empathy, listening to others, seeking out different perspectives, and taking personal responsibility for decisions, actions, and results.
- Dedicated to Quality: Takes ownership to maintain and promote high standards, looks for new ways to learn and improve, and embraces a growth mindset to seek and apply feedback from others in an effort to continuously improve.
- Building Relationships: Develops and strengthens relationships, adopting a “team first” mentality and working collaboratively to solve problems and meet shared goals.
- Delighting Customers: Listens and understands the interests and needs of our customers and stakeholders, making them feel heard and important, and embracing these learnings to continue delivering a unique Pokémon experience.
What to expect
- An employee first culture
- Company events that celebrate the spirit of Pokémon
- Competitive cash-based compensation programs
- Base salary range: £46000.00 - 70000.00. This range is applicable for the labor market where the role is intended to be hired. For this role, new hires generally start between £46,000.00 – £58,900.00. Final base salary is directly related to each candidates' qualifications and professional experience uniquely.
- 100% employer-paid healthcare premiums for you
- Generous paid family leave
- Employer-paid life insurance
- Employer-paid long and short-term income protection insurance
- US Employees: 401k Employer Matching
- UK/IRE Employees: Pension Employer Contributions
- Fitness reimbursement
- Commuter benefit
- LinkedIn learning
- Comprehensive relocation package
- Hybrid work environment
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this role. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. Employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed. For roles in the United Kingdom, candidates will need the right to work. In some cases, and for some roles, the Company may be able to arrange a visa. For roles in Ireland, this role requires candidates to have the right to live and work in the Republic of Ireland. However, we welcome applications from all nationalities and may consider supporting an employment permit application, in appropriate and suitable cases.
Location: London, England, United Kingdom
Country: United Kingdom