Twitch is the world’s biggest live streaming service, with global communities built around gaming, entertainment, music, sports, cooking, and more. It’s where millions of people come together to chat, interact, and make their own entertainment.
We’re about community, inside and out. You’ll find coworkers who are eager to team up, collaborate, and smash (or elegantly solve) problems together. We’re on a quest to empower live communities, so if this sounds good to you, see what we’re up to on LinkedIn and Twitter, get interviewing tips on Instagram, and discover projects we’re solving on our Blog.
About the Role
Like building platforms and tools, hard technical challenges, and helping video content creators earn a living doing what they love? Do you have experience with internal tools, libraries, deployment and setting direction for an entire company? If so, you'd be a great fit for the Software Engineer role in the Builder Frameworks team. We are looking for an experienced and motivated engineer to join our team. You have experience building developer tooling that is loved by your customers. You will report to the Senior Engineering Manager, Builder Frameworks and join a passionate team who provide solutions for all of Twitch engineering, making it the best place for engineers to build.
You can work in Seattle, WA; Irvine, CA; New York, NY; Salt Lake City, UT; or Remote US.
- Build internal tools and libraries for all of Twitch
- Work with internal customers to find their pain points and develop solutions alongside them
- Work with internal AWS teams to provide feedback and influence roadmap
- Aid in company wide availability and security
- Mentor the entire company in engineering best practices
- Make Twitch more productive
- 3+ years of experience as a Software Engineer
- Experience using and building on AWS
- Understanding of deployment tools and the software that makes software work
- Experience debugging complicated production software
- A desire to constantly make things better
- Knowledge of Go and its ecosystem
- Familiarity with Java and Typescript
- Experience with a monitoring / alarming solution (Cloudwatch or otherwise)
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages)
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
The base pay range for this position in Colorado, Connecticut, Washington and New Jersey is $152,100 - $185,900 yr and in New York City is $167,310 - $204,290 yr. Pay is based on market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. A sign-on payment and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. Applicants should apply via Twitch's internal or external careers site.
Workers in New York City who perform in-person work or interact with the public in the course of business must show proof they have been fully vaccinated against COVID or request and receive approval for a reasonable accommodation, including medical or religious accommodation.
Twitch values your privacy. Please consult our Candidate Privacy Notice, for information about how we collect, use, and disclose personal information of our candidates.
Job ID: TW7767
Get jobs like this directly to your Inbox
Create Profile and Get Noticed