Wizards Of The Coast
At Wizards of the Coast, we connect people around the world through play and imagination. From our genre defining games like Magic: The Gathering® and Dungeons & Dragons® to our growing multiverse, we continue to innovate and build new ways to foster friendship and connection. That’s where you come in!
Are you a Software Developer interested in helping develop and maintain an extensive game & rules engine supporting a complex digital card game?
We’d like to meet you!
The rules engine team implements game mechanics and game-flow features for Magic: The Gathering Arena. We collaborate frequently with game designers and front-end developers to deliver a snappy and engaging digital experience, but with all the strategy of authentic Magic.
What You’ll Do:
- Work in multiple programming languages (Python, C#, C++, CLIPS) to bring a card from its English text to generated code run by our servers.
- Rapidly grow the scope of our natural language parser to understand new card text and enhance the game engine to handle new rules and mechanics.
- Contribute to improving the team through code reviews, collaborating on technical designs, adding to documentation, and enhancing test coverage.
- Gather metrics and make performance improvements to our rules engine.
- Support the live product and resolve issues as they arise in production environments.
What You'll Bring:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent experience.
- Demonstrated experience in software development, preferably in object-oriented languages, and familiarity with software engineering methodologies.
- A love of collaboration and working with diverse groups of people in various roles.
- Ability to work on computer or phone for long periods of time.
We are an equal opportunity / affirmative action employer
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for satisfactory performance in this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of the duties, responsibilities, or requirements of the position.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.
Get jobs like this directly to your Inbox
Create Profile and Get Noticed