PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Social Media Manager
Toronto, Ontario / Hybrid
PlayStation Global’s Community & Cultural Activation team is seeking a savvy Social Media Manager to lead developing and implementing the social marketing strategy across key owned PlayStation social media channels in Canada. You will be responsible for leading all aspects of strategic planning, daily operations, Global content support, Local content development, reporting and analysis. You will be tasked to grow channel followers, increase PlayStation community engagements, and drive awareness and consideration of PlayStation brand, hardware, software, and services, as well as support of our 3rd party partnerships.
The ideal candidate is a storyteller at heart with strong social media expertise and acumen. Proven record as a creative and strategic contributor with a strong voice and authentic love for gaming, entertainment, and pop culture.
Social Media Management:
- Bring PlayStation communities together over shared passions and help our fans discover new first-party and third-party games, celebrate update for their live service favourites and advise on the latest in gaming hardware (PS5, PSVR2), peripherals and subscription services
- Lead annual social strategic planning and be the owner of the overall Canadian Social Media Strategy and roadmaps
- Leads day-to-day operations of PlayStation social channels working closely with local agency partners in developing monthly social content plans and identifying and actioning relevant real-time opportunities
- Work with PlayStation Global and third-party partner studios to ensure Global content beats are being supporting across relevant PlayStation Global social channels
- Brief, development and planning with agency partners to develop localized social content that align to PlayStation monthly, quarterly, and annual priorities
- Support live event coverage for local and Global events
- Social escalation management working closely with internal customer service teams
- Ensure our content and copy aligns our Global PlayStation brand behaviors and localized Tone of Voice
- Ability to balance business needs with our PlayStation community interests to deliver resonant content that delights our fans
- Responsible for reporting and analysis of social performance, developing benchmarks and sharing insight and takeaways.
- Budget & time management – ensure that you are working with agencies on delivering content in time for local and Global review (as needed). You will be expected to define budgets, interrogate budgets thoroughly ahead of approval and keep within the agreed budget.
- Monthly budget forecasting and financial administration in relation to all PS social agencies and hard costs
- Ensure Social sentiment and consumer reaction to announces are captured and shared wipartners from across the SIE territory and Global business
- Deliver comprehensive evaluations after launches that provides an overview of performance, insights, results vs. critical metrics and findings
- 5+ years of work experience in digital marketing or agency experience in a creative or media agency role
- Experience in developing social creative, digital marketing, and measurement
- Ability to learn or experience working with social media listening tools
- English required and French speaking a plus
- Bachelors degree in Business, Marketing, Communications or related field OR equivalent experience
- Solid understanding of the Canadian social media landscape and creative best practices
- Passion for social with a desire to stay informed on emerging social trends, Global trends and willingness to act with urgency on real time and test and learn innovation opportunities
- Cultural and gaming aficionado who understands gamer culture and what captures hearts and minds to drive fandom and influence
- A teammate who can identify and cultivate key relationships both internally and externally
- Ability to think strategically and execute tactically, with a persistent attention to detail
- Comfort and skill with leveraging social analytics and player insights to inform strategy
- Ability to apply a data-centric approach to the testing and optimization of content
- Can thrive in a fast-paced ever-changing environment with ability to think on their feet and pivot when needed
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.
Get jobs like this directly to your Inbox
Create Profile and Get Noticed