SMITE - Senior UI Programmer
Hi-Rez Studios is looking to hire an experienced UI Programmer to work for our studio headquartered in Alpharetta, Georgia or full-time remote.
At Hi-Rez, you will have an opportunity to be part of an innovative environment that embraces new and different ideas. We are a passionate and enthusiastic bunch who love video games. We have incredibly talented individuals who are empowered to create and challenged to learn. All of this means more opportunities for you to unleash your creativity and dedication.
Come join the creator of the critically acclaimed SMITE, Paladins, and Rogue Company as we embark on exciting new game projects!
What our UI Programmers do:
- Our UI programmers work closely with User Experience, Design, and Gameplay Programming teams to create new systems and events with regular updates and maintenance on existing UI scenes.
- Using C++ in conjunction with Unreal 3 and our UI toolkit our team looks to iteratively bring the best experience to our players for many years to come.
Who we are looking for:
- Proven professional C++ skills and fluency in one or more scripting languages, with 5+ years of software programming experience.
- Bachelor’s degree or greater in Computer Science or similar discipline (Math, Physics, CE or EE) or equivalent experience through professional game development, indie projects, or mods.
- Feel at home in a mentoring capacity to Junior members of the team.
- Familiarity with Game UI concepts including multi-platform and multi-input concerns.
- Comfortable prototyping and working within an iterative development process.
- Team-oriented but self-motivated.
- Passion for games with a strong work ethic.
- Problem solver.
Preferred employees have:
- UI programming experience.
- Experience with Unreal 3 engine.
- Experience with UI frameworks or middleware, e.g. Scaleform or Coherent
- Knowledge of Perforce command line usage and tools
- Proficiency with SQL Server
- Experience with PC/Windows programming.
- Experience programming for console games.
To see a sample of some of our recent work: http://smitegame.com/ui-team
Apply for this job
Location: All Locations
Date posted: 2022-01-20