SMITE - Associate Level Designer
Hi-Rez Studios is looking for a SMITE loving Level Designer to work at our studio in Alpharetta, Georgia on SMITE.
At Hi-Rez, you will have an opportunity to be part of an innovative environment that embraces new and different ideas. We are a passionate and enthusiastic bunch who love video games. We have incredibly talented individuals who are empowered to create, & challenged to learn. All of this means more opportunities for you to unleash your energy, collaboration, and dedication.
Come join the creator of the critically acclaimed SMITE, Paladins, Rogue Company, and Realm Royale as we enhance and expand our online action games.
What our Level Designers do:
- Work closely with the design team and creative leaders on designing and implementing 3D levels using Unreal Engine 3 for an Online Multiplayer game
- Design and greybox exciting, innovative, and balanced multiplayer levels
- Continually iterate and test level designs against player move set, combat abilities, and player skill level
- Work closely with environment artists to develop and deliver against the product vision
- Establish level design pipeline & methodology for the level design team
- Actively share knowledge within area of expertise and influence other related disciplines
- Be the voice for level design in cross discipline conversations and planning
- Mentor and advise other designers in level design process and best practices
- Assess new market trends, features, technologies and emerging techniques to stay competitive
Who we are looking for:
- Portfolio demonstrating multiplayer level design.
- Experienced with Unreal Engine and visual scripting of in game events.
- Thrives upon change. Comfortable prototyping and working with iterative development process.
- Comfortable receiving constructive criticism and making creative adjustments.
- Bachelors degree or related experience in level design or game design
- Strong work ethic.
- Passion for SMITE
- AAA game development experience (shipped title).
Apply for this job
Location: USUK Remote /
Date posted: 2022-01-20