Who We Are
Founded in 2005, 2K Games is a global video game company, publishing titles developed by some of the most influential game development studios in the world. Our studios responsible for developing 2K’s portfolio of world-class games across multiple platforms, include Visual Concepts, Firaxis, Hangar 13, CatDaddy, Cloud Chamber, and HB Studios. Our portfolio of titles is expanding due to our global strategic plan, building and acquiring exciting studios whose content continues to inspire all of us! 2K publishes titles in today’s most popular gaming genres, including sports, shooters, action, role-playing, strategy, casual, and family entertainment.
Our team of engineers, marketers, artists, writers, data scientists, producers, thinkers and doers, are the professional publishing stewards of our growing library of critically-acclaimed franchises such as NBA 2K, Battleborn, BioShock, Borderlands, The Darkness, Mafia, Sid Meier’s Civilization, WWE 2K, and XCOM.
At 2K, we pride ourselves on creating an inclusive work environment, which means encouraging our teams to Come as You Are and do your best work! We are dedicated to diversity and inclusion, and want our community of candidates to reflect this commitment. We encourage all qualified applicants to explore our global positions.
2K is headquartered in Novato, California and is a wholly owned label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO).
About the Team: Site Reliability Engineering (SRE)
The 2K Site Reliability team is responsible for the operations and infrastructure of all consumer-facing production systems and developer-facing systems at 2K Games, including NBA2K game services, customer-facing account services, and websites. This team handles systems and services spanning multiple datacenters both terrestrial and cloud-based.
What We Need:
We are looking for an engineer who is passionate about building multi-datacenter infrastructure and services. Robust systems and problem-solving skills are required as we develop solutions for game studios and support data centers around the world alongside a group of outstanding engineers. In this role, you will collaborate with network engineers, systems architects, and development staff to support our gamers and the needs of the business.
What We Do
- Build and operate highly resilient systems in a multi-datacenter and cloud global environment serving game and consumer services
- Develop tools for the management and automation of the systems and service infrastructure
- Define and implement standards that will impact systems, services, and multiple software environments
- Diagnose and resolve technical issues from both internal and external customers
- Participate in Site Reliability Engineering’s on-call rotation
Who We Believe Will Be an Outstanding Fit
You are eager to work in a fast-paced environment with other highly skilled engineers who are passionate about service availability and health!
If the idea of building data center infrastructure services from greenfield to implementation moves you!
- Strong coding experience in at least one or more of Python, Ruby, Java, or Go and a good understanding of code management
- Experience with Unix/Linux operating systems(tuning and system internals) and TCP/IP Networking Fundamentals
- Extensive knowledge of software build, test, and deploy processes using Git, Jenkins, Puppet, Ansible, Docker/containers, Kubernetes
- Experience with system analysis and troubleshooting
- Prior hands-on experience running large scale multiplayer video games at scale
- Experience designing and crafting software for systems and network automation
- Debugging, code optimization, and routine task automation skills
- Demonstrated ability to decompose sophisticated problems. Ability to engage in lateral investigations
As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to ensuring that qualified individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform their essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us if you need reasonable accommodation.
Please note that 2K Games and its studios never uses instant messaging apps or personal email accounts to contact prospective employees or conduct interviews and when emailing, only use 2K.com accounts.
Location: Novato, California, United States
Country: United States