SEO Content Writer
GetMega is one of the first skill based Real Money Gaming platform for the smartphone generation of the world. We are building a platform where players are pitted against each other to compete in various games requiring skills like Reaction, Attention, Spatial and Logic Reasoning, Visual and Auditory Processing etc. We haver games accross various categories including some of the well known cards and casual game. You should definitely checkout our app at www.getmega.com
GetMega is founded by two Computer Sciences Undergraduates from IIT Kanpur who have previously run and sold VC funded startup in the logistics domain. We are based out of Bengaluru, India and have raised multi-million dollar funding from Top-Tier Institutional Venture Capitalists to disrupt the multi-billion dollar skill based gaming market around the world.
If working on content is what truly makes you content, if you can’t help but pun in your shuns, if you love infusing rhythm & rhyme in your headlines, we need to talk! We’re looking for a self-motivated content writer with innovative thinking and hands-on approach to content creation & editing. By giving a unique, quirky voice to Brand GetMega, you’ll leave your mark on this rapidly growing startup from a fast growing industry.
Values of the Content Writer
You. Love. Words: You’ll use your stellar writing & editing skills to deliver SEO content articles, as per the timelines required by the business. As & when required, you will also oversee content delivery by freelancers or SEO agencies; this includes briefing, checking, commenting & editing.
Milk + sugar (and not salt): The keywords must blend into & enhance your articles, like sugar in milk. They should not stick out & be glaringly obvious.
Live long & prosper: You’ll be the SPOC(k) for all requirements related to SEO content. As the Single Point of Contact, you’ll receive, plan, write, review & deliver work against these requirements.
All-rounder: When life gives you bowling skills, be like Kapil Dev not Venkatesh Prasad. In other words, be an all-rounder by devoting 20-25% of your time on other content requirements - such as social media posts, app content & promotions, website landing pages, video scripts, articles, emailers, internal communication, and more.
Spread the word: You relish at the challenge of creating unique and compelling content not only aimed at growing our brand awareness and reach, but also acquiring customers.
Win as a team: You’ll collaborate with other team members, bouncing ideas off them, seeking & giving feedback, and bringing out everyone’s best work.
Start up, forever: You’re entrepreneurial, and love the experience of working in hyper-growth, fast-paced, often ambiguous environments.
Hungry for numbers: You’ll execute our SEO content strategy by learning through data, tweaking your content continuously, and understanding what works best in the market.
What you should deeply care about
Brand values, Creativity, Data, Insights, SEO trends, Grammar / Punctuation, Hinglish, Memes, Pop culture
What would you be doing?
- Coordinate with the growth team to collate all SEO requirements, create an ongoing plan, and deliver the required articles in time
- Keep evolving our SEO Content basis market performance, discussions with the Content Lead & the Growth team, and your continuous analysis of SEO articles of other brands
- Take charge of the SEO content production cycle. This includes creating a content calendar and developing content quality control.
- Coordinate with your team members to develop content for various collateral related to: social media, our platform (app) & our products, our website & its landing pages, blogs, video scripts, internal communication, and more
- Understand the RMG (real money gaming) industry trends, technology landscape, and requirements & expectations of the target audience
- Ideate, brainstorm, and help in developing content for key company initiatives, such as brand campaigns, new game launches, new product features, and more
- Identify customer needs and recommend new content to address the shortfall in our existing content.
- Conduct keyword research and use SEO best practices to increase traffic to our website.
- Anticipate consumer trends and align the brand content with the changing times, while still retaining its core essence. Ensure none of our communication collateral strays from our brand personality.
Superpowers you’ll need to be a success in this role
- Think analytically, ideate creatively, track meticulously, execute practically, communicate effectively.
- Have the vision, ability, & drive to grow the brand 100x in a short span of time.
- Master’s degree in literature, mass communication, or advertising (preferably from a premier institute).
- 2-3 years of experience in SEO content development, preferably in related industries (gaming, media & entertainment, apps, startups).
What would you get from GetMega?
- The rare opportunity to join one of the hottest Indian startups with multi-million dollar funding. We are not just another gaming studio, but are creating the largest skilling platform in the world.
- Above market compensation in Cash. We believe to hire the top 100 talents of the country in any field (tech/product/design/brand), we need to be a paymaster. Obvious sweet perks like daily catered breakfasts and lunches, endless coffee, and dry snacks. We believe in enabling our employees by removing trivial tasks like packing breakfast/ordering lunch/going out for coffee etc.
- Swanky custom-built office space. It's a fact that any individual spends a major portion of their lives in office. There's no reason to cut corners in providing the best office space ever.
- Reimbursements. The company will reimburse any expenses made by an employee to reach our goals.
- We are open to giving out any benefits which will further empower our employees to create the Mega which we collectively envision
GetMega is committed to building a diverse and inclusive company that celebrates and develops individuals of all backgrounds. We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage all applicants.
Apply for this job
Date posted: 2022-01-20