Senior XR Engineer
In the newly formed Consumer division at Unity Technologies, we are thinking about and helping to shape the future of consumer experiences. At our core we are passionate about gaming, leading more players to discover games they like, and enabling more creators to create games they want to share.
Join the Consumer Technology Team to help us craft the direction and the future of immersive augmented reality for consumers.
What you’ll be doing
- Collaborate with leadership to envision and deliver working prototypes alongside amazingly dedicated colleagues.
- Grow and finesse prototypes into robust production-level experiences.
- Design, build, and refine exciting, intuitive, and sophisticated XR interactions.
- Employ Unity’s latest machine learning and XR innovations.
- Propose, champion, and implement technical solutions, architecture, and methodologies.
What we’re looking for
- Passion for immersive XR in all of its forms; virtual reality, augmented reality, mixed reality.
- Experience building sophisticated XR interactions in Unity with a proven proficiency in C#.
- Experience in / knowledge of software development and standard methodologies (continuous integration, source control management, code reviews).
- Ability to navigate and self-organize in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills. Predilection for teamwork; eagerness to share and receive feedback. We’re in this together!
You might also have
- Cloud technology experience (Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud Platform, or Microsoft Azure).
- Database architecture experience.
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
Unity is at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than five billion times per month in 2020. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Location: New York, NY, USA
Date posted: 2022-01-20