At Rockstar Games, we create world-class entertainment experiences.
A career at Rockstar Games is about being part of a team working on some of the most creatively rewarding and ambitious projects to be found in any entertainment medium. You would be welcomed to a dedicated and inclusive environment where you can learn, and collaborate with some of the most talented people in the industry.
Rockstar Dundee is on the lookout for a talented Senior Visual Designer who possess a passion for visual design and UI. This is a full-time permanent position based out of Rockstar’s unique game development studio in the heart of Dundee.
WHAT WE DO
- We focus on art direction, aesthetics, design details and conceptual work for UI, HUD and menus.
- We collaborate with multiple departments providing visual design solutions across all titles.
- Create innovative, world class visual design.
- Collaborate with relevant departments defining and maintaining a coherent design language across our games.
- Work closely with UI Design creating and maintaining comprehensive design systems and documentation.
- Create organised assets for our design system, motion design tasks and hi-fidelity mock-ups.
- Conceptualise, design and execute engaging work within expected timeframes.
- Self-manage entire workload and priorities.
- Investigate, develop and implement new techniques to bring visual design to the forefront of the video game industry and set new standards.
- Work collaboratively and flexibly in a team environment.
- Adhere to the department’s technical work standards.
- Approach work with a positive, solution-orientated attitude.
- Provide mentorship to more junior team members.
- 5+ years' professional experience in a digital product design environment, or in a similar capacity within the games industry.
- Strong portfolio demonstrating applied visual design work and use of design systems.
- Expert knowledge in design, typography, iconography, information hierarchy and colour theory.
- 5+ years’ experience using modern design tools and plugins (Figma, FigJam, Adobe CC, etc).
- Strong sense for aesthetic and meticulous care with design details.
- Advocate for keeping up with new tools, techniques and industry trends.
- Advanced knowledge of their area of expertise and core design principles.
- An expert in technical, creative and production pipeline knowledge.
- Expert knowledge of design systems and UI toolkit governance.
- Innovative, forward thinking, with a desire to share knowledge and expertise, and help others improve their skills.
- Advocate for accessibility and inclusivity.
- Ability to excel creatively within the boundaries of technical constraints.
- Work under direction and respond quickly to feedback.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Excellent communication skills for collaborating closely with our teams worldwide.
- Confidently present work, communicate ideas and design rationale.
- Excellent problem solving abilities, creative thinking, initiative and adaptability.
- Disciplined, organised and dedicated with a constant drive for self development.
Please note that these are desirable skills and are not required to apply for the position.
- Experience in the games industry, having worked on one or more shipped titles.
- Familiarity with 3D design, animation and UI motion design.
- Experience with UI prototyping.
- Passionate about movies, pop culture, video games, and other relevant media.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply with a CV and cover letter demonstrating how you meet the skills above. If we would like to move forward with your application, a Rockstar recruiter will reach out to you to explain next steps and guide you through the process.
Rockstar is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to hiring, promoting, and compensating employees based on their qualifications and demonstrated ability to perform job responsibilities.
If you’ve got the right skills for the job, we want to hear from you. We encourage applications from all suitable candidates regardless of age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, belief, or race.
Location: Dundee, Scotland, United Kingdom
Country: United Kingdom