PUBG Madison is seeking a VFX Artist with 5+ years of experience in creating real-time VFX for large-scale, live service games. The candidate will be responsible for creating, designing, and implementing real-time particle effects, simulations, and FX shaders with node-based shader networks. They will collaborate with other departments to ensure that FX are implemented appropriately in the game engine and work with the Art Director to maintain FX art direction for the game. The ideal candidate should have experience in VFX particle and volume effects, shader and material development, and in-game development for PC or next-gen console platforms. They should also have good people skills, a collaborative attitude, and the ability to work independently.
Welcome to PUBG
PUBG Madison continues to grow. We are looking for a talented VFX artist with experience working on large-scale, live service games to join us in our Madison studio.
What we need:
PUBG Madison is seeking a talented VFX Artist who will be responsible for art development for entire game levels and epic visual content for in-game events.
- Create, design and implement real-time particle effects using both static and animating 2D/3D elements
- Place effects throughout levels and cinematics
- Paint particle and decal textures
- Create simulations for gameplay elements
- Create FX shaders with node-based shader networks
- Create FX textures (color, normal, specular, ambient occlusion, height, and incandescent maps.)
- Create simple geometry and assign UV's
- Optimize FX for framerate and memory
- Collaborate with other departments to ensure that FX are implemented appropriately in the game engine
- Work with Art Director to maintain FX art direction for game.
- Ability to work independently and with minimal oversight: Understands and adds to the overall art style of game
- Orchestrates FX events involving layering and timing of different FX to create a believable scene.
- 5+ years of production experience using game engines to create real-time VFX with a supporting demo reel
- Served as a Senior artist on a published AAA title and shipped multiple game titles
- Good people skills, collaborative attitude, and good observation skills and ability to use reference materials
- Experience in VFX particle and volume effects such as smoke, fire, clouds, water, steam, and explosions
- Experience in shader and material development
- Ability to work independently
- Proficient Animation and timing skills
- Excellent composition/framing skills and sense of scale, timing, detail, form, texture and color
- Experience with in engine lighting, post effects, and Physically Based shading models
- Experience working in visual scripting environments such as Unreal Engine’s Niagara & Blueprints, Unity’s VFX Graph, and supporting DCC apps like Houdini, Maya, FumeFX, Nuke, and Substance Designer
- Experience in game development for PC or next-gen console (XB1/PS4) platforms
- Solid traditional arts background a plus
Location: Madison, WI
Country: United States
Date found: 2023-04-29