Welcome to PUBG
PUBG Madison continues to grow. We are looking for a talented VFX artist with experience working on large-scale, live service games to join us in our Madison studio.
What we need:
PUBG Madison is seeking a talented VFX Artist who will be responsible for art development for entire game levels and epic visual content for in-game events.
- Create, design and implement real-time particle effects using both static and animating 2D/3D elements
- Place effects throughout levels and cinematics
- Paint particle and decal textures
- Create simulations for gameplay elements
- Create FX shaders with node-based shader networks
- Create FX textures (color, normal, specular, ambient occlusion, height, and incandescent maps.)
- Create simple geometry and assign UV's
- Optimize FX for framerate and memory
- Collaborate with other departments to ensure that FX are implemented appropriately in the game engine
- Work with Art Director to maintain FX art direction for game.
- Ability to work independently and with minimal oversight: Understands and adds to the overall art style of game
- Orchestrates FX events involving layering and timing of different FX to create a believable scene.
- 5+ years of production experience using game engines to create real-time VFX with a supporting demo reel
- Served as a Senior artist on a published AAA title and shipped multiple game titles
- Good people skills, collaborative attitude, and good observation skills and ability to use reference materials
- Experience in VFX particle and volume effects such as smoke, fire, clouds, water, steam, and explosions
- Experience in shader and material development
- Ability to work independently
- Proficient Animation and timing skills
- Excellent composition/framing skills and sense of scale, timing, detail, form, texture and color
- Experience with in engine lighting, post effects, and Physically Based shading models
- Experience working in visual scripting environments such as Unreal Engine’s Niagara & Blueprints, Unity’s VFX Graph, and supporting DCC apps like Houdini, Maya, FumeFX, Nuke, and Substance Designer
- Experience in game development for PC or next-gen console (XB1/PS4) platforms
- Solid traditional arts background a plus
Location: Madison, WI
Country: United States