At Amber, we're always on the hunt for the most talented individuals in the industry to join our team. We're dedicated to delivering top-notch service to our customers and know that our employees are key to making that happen. We offer attractive compensation packages and plenty of chances to grow with us, and we're always on the lookout for ways to do things better. Our team works together towards common goals and we value each member's contributions to our mission of continuous improvement and innovation.
About the role:
We are looking for a new Senior Unreal Engineer to join our team.
As a Game Programmer you will be working in cross-functional teams involved in different stages of the development of AAA quality titles.
- Find the best technical solution for each game development challenge.
- Write code that is readable, easy to debug and maintain.
- Actively seek to help your teammates.
- Actively participate in planning meetings.
- Ensure that all relevant parties are aligned on task specifications.
- Help the team improve the quality of their work by eliminating waste from the development process.
- Always try to improve the way you do things.
- Constantly communicate with your teammates to flag and alleviate risks.
- Perform code review.
- Write technical design documents.
- At least 5 years’ experience of game development.
- Proficient in working with Unreal Engine or Custom C++ engines.
- Fair knowledge of individual game engine Components (Rendering, AI, Networking, Navigation, Physics, UI).
- Experience in optimizing for FPS and memory consumption.
- Solid knowledge of design patterns and coding architectural principles.
- Experience in debugging and profiling large code bases.
Nice to have:
- Shipped at least one PC/Console title.
- Good understanding of cross-platform game development.
- 3D rendering programming experience (DirectX, OpenGL, Vulkan, Gnmx).
- Good understanding of client-server communication & socket-based network protocols.
- Experience using Unit Test frameworks and Integration Test frameworks.
- A fun and dynamic industry where you can make a difference.
- Additional Days Off - according to Amber’s internal policy.
- Professional and friendly work environment.
- An attractive salary package with private medical services.
- Awesome and talented colleagues.
- Support from all your teammates.
- Access to training and learning programs.
Location: Remote<span>,</span> Kiev, Ukraine