Kolibri Games, a mobile games developer from Berlin, is seeking a Senior Unity Games Developer to work on one of their popular games played by millions of players. The developer will work in a fast and agile environment, implementing UI, game logic, and new features, optimizing game elements, and contributing to the ongoing development of new features. The ideal candidate should have at least 5 years of professional experience with Unity3D, software development experience in C#, and the ability to profile and optimize performance on Android and iOS. Kolibri Games offers a competitive salary, learning budget, flexible working hours, home office, state-of-the-art technical equipment, health and fitness benefits, relocation support, and more. The company is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
We are Kolibri Games - a mobile games developer from Berlin. We believe that with the best people, we can make games that players will enjoy for years to come.
Our games have defined the idle genre, and bring enjoyment to hundreds of millions of players all around the world. This is possible due to the talented people who make us who we are. ‘Kolibris’, as we call ourselves, are on a mission to continue making great games and we're looking for new talent to join our team. We strive to offer you a fair recruitment process and a great candidate experience, as well as a friendly environment to work in, with plenty of opportunities to learn and grow.
Senior Unity Games Developer (f/m/d)
We are looking for a Senior Unity Developer to join us and work with one of our games, which is played by millions of players.
At Kolibri Games, we have a unique approach to development: we work in weekly sprints and release features/updates on a weekly basis. You would therefore actively contribute to the ongoing development of new features, directly impacting a hugely popular game.
To achieve sustainable results, you will work in collaboration and report directly to the game’s Lead Developer in the following areas:
- Implement UI, game logic and new features in a fast and agile environment
- Optimize game elements by incorporating player feedback and improving technical quality
- Work in a live game with dynamic events and scheduled content for millions of users
- Show ownership and be accountable for the development of new features
- Assist game designers by contributing with new ideas
- Contribute your expertise and skills in a cross-discipline team environment
- Support the growth of others by giving technical guidance
- Experience with Unity3D
- (Ideally 5+ years of professional) Software development experience in C#
- Experience in non-gaming contexts is also relevant. We value your experiences and expertise, therefore do not hesitate to apply
- Ability to profile and optimize performance on Android and iOS
- Ability to quickly get up to speed with existing code and find solutions to technical problems as a team
- Awareness of and ability to leverage industry best practices and solutions and apply the right solution for a given problem
- Must be capable of driving the implementation of a feature or fix with clear ways to communicate to other team members and areas of work, as GD, Art ,and PM
- An understanding of different game technology areas (e.g. gameplay, graphics, tools etc.)
- A passion for games
- Deep knowledge of a fundamental Unity pipeline or tool, such as Asset management, UI, or Networking
- Understanding of mobile gaming industries and it’s main characteristics, like F2P and LiveOps
- Familiarity with reactive programming and dependency injection frameworks, e.g. UniRx or Zenject
Kolibri Games is an equal opportunity employer. We come from 40 different countries and many different backgrounds. We celebrate diversity and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees, regardless of their age, gender identity, sexual orientation, ethnicity, religion, physical appearance or disability.
We are an international studio, so don’t forget to send in your application in English. Although it is not mandatory, we always appreciate a cover letter stating your motivation to join us.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Your Benefits – We’re game to support you
Competitive Salary - We believe that top performers should receive top payment
Learning Budget - We believe in learning. A generous personal learning budget to spend on learning and development, including books, workshops and attending conferences. We also offer in-house training such as coding and German classes
Flexible Working Hours and Home Office – We believe in a good work-life balance
Equipment - State-of-the-art technical equipment, including laptops and phones, which may also be used in your free time
Health and Fitness - We pay a contribution towards a monthly gym membership or a fitness activity
Relocation - Relocation support to help you move to Berlin
Pension - Opportunity to save for your pension tax-free
Bonus Level – We love to have a good time, too
Food and Drinks - Fresh fruits to keep you healthy and fresh coffee to keep you alert. We also have a fully stocked fridge with Smoothies, Coke, Club Mate, beer etc
Parties and Team Events - Apart from our regular parties, BBQs and movie nights we also have a team event budget you can use to buy games or sports equipment to make working here even more fun
Company Holidays - Every year we go on an amazing company holiday to relax and bond as a team
Friday Celebrations - Company-provided dinner and drinks on Friday afternoons
Apply for this job
Location: Berlin, Germany
Date found: 2023-03-17