WHAT MAKES US EPIC?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
What We Do
We design customer and user-focused experiences that are fresh and innovative, while problem solving by anticipating user behavior and hurdles. We approach the most complex of problems and address them with simple, intuitive, and useful solutions.
What You'll Do
As a UX designer at Epic you will help define the future of 3D creation alongside some of the most passionate and talented teams in the world. The Unreal Creator Tools UX design team is responsible for the overall user experience of Unreal Engine and related products and in this role you will work closely with artists, designers, researchers and programmers to define the next generation of creative tools used for games, film/video, architectural visualization and more. Through research, observation, prototyping and iteration you will craft user interface elements, design workflows and help build the creative tools of tomorrow. Join us!
In this role, you will
- Design layouts, interaction patterns, and visual styles for software user interfaces across Unreal Engine, Reality Capture, Metahuman Creator and more
- Understand user motivations and behaviors across a variety of deeply technical fields
- Produce materials to illustrate your concepts, including personas, storyboards, sketches, wireframes, mockups, and interactive prototypes
- Iterate on ideas and make them real in collaboration with designers, programmers, product managers, and other subject matter experts
- Review existing UI for new and legacy features to identify and solve design problems
- Help establish guidelines and standards for visual language within and across product lines
What we're looking for
- Passion for creating best in class user experiences while advocating for users within the product development team
- Technical curiosity and adaptability combined with keen problem solving skills
- Working knowledge of 3D creative tools and/or game engines (Unreal, Maya, Blender, etc)
- Proficiency with industry standard prototyping tools (Figma, Sketch, Creative Cloud)
- Exceptional visual design skills with an eye for detail
- Strong organizational skills and the flexibility to drive forward concurrent projects while balancing their competing priorities
- A portfolio of relevant previous work
If you have a portfolio/reel/website you'd like to share, please hyperlink it to your resume, or submit it as an attachment with your application.
EPIC GAMES + EPIC BENEFITS = EPIC LIFE
We pay 100% of benefits for employees. Our current benefits package includes cover for life and sick insurance, enhanced sick pay, pension, occupational injury insurance, transportation and health care allowance.
Epic Games spans across 19 countries with 55 studios and 4,500+ employees globally. For over 25 years, we’ve been making award-winning games and engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that bring environments to life like never before. Epic’s award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic!
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Epic does not accept any unsolicited resumes or approaches from any unauthorized third party (including recruitment or placement agencies) (i.e., a third party with whom we do not have a negotiated and validly executed agreement). We will not pay any fees to any unauthorized third party. Further details on these matters can be found here.
Location: Stockholm,Stockholm County,Sweden