Gunzilla Games is an independent AAA game developer working on a new Battle Royale 2.0 game called Off The Grid. They are looking for a Senior UI/UX Designer to design UI components, collaborate with other designers and developers, and contribute to the design and streamlining of UI tools and processes. The ideal candidate should have at least 4 years of professional experience in UI/UX, strong knowledge of user interface design, and extensive experience with design and authoring tools. Gunzilla Games offers flexible working, health insurance, revenue-based bonuses, English/German courses, 25 annual paid vacation and sick days, public transportation, relocation and accommodation support, and office perks and gym membership. They encourage diversity and promise to give equal consideration to all applicants regardless of their background. The recruitment process involves filling in a registration form, submitting a CV and portfolio, and going through a series of Zoom interviews and competency tests.
ABOUT GUNZILLA GAMES
Founded in 2020, Gunzilla Games is a fresh, independent AAA developer working on its Battle Royale 2.0 Off The Grid in three metropolitan locations: Frankfurt, Germany (HQ); Los Angeles, USA; and Kyiv, Ukraine. The company is helmed by serial entrepreneur CEO, Vlad Korolev and CSO Alexander Zoll. Gunzilla is built on the desire to innovate and push the limits of the industry.
Gunzilla’s formidable team of talent comes from a variety of industry-leading studios and publishers (Ubisoft, Electronic Arts (EA), THQ etc) as well as Oscar-nominated screenwriter, director and producer Neill Blomkamp, Chief Visionary Officer, and the author of the Altered Carbon series, that has been adapted into a popular Netflix show, Richard K. Morgan, Script Writer.
Gunzilla Leadership team includes well-known industry professionals like Timur Davidenko, Chief Technology Officer (Far Cry, Warface, and Crysis), Scott Probin, Studio Director (EA Sports’ NHL series, the Need for Speed franchise, Populous 2, Powermonger, Space Hulk), Oleksiy Plaksin, Lead Art Director, (Moto GP and RIDE, Warface and Act of Aggression, Sniper: Ghost Warrior), Dmitriy Markov, Technical Director (Metro: Exodus, Arktika.1), Volodymyr Savin, Audio Director (Cut the Rope, Metro Exodus, HBO Chernobyl series).
- Players First & Foremost. We aim to create titles that players love and get lost in, so our games are developed with them in mind from the start.
- We Believe in Our People. We believe in building strong teams of self-motivated individuals empowered to work at their best in a supportive environment; when we’re strong together, we thrive together.
- Commitment to Engagement & Quality. We are deeply passionate about what we do, ensuring we produce next-generation experiences of the highest calibre.
- Make Bold Moves & Innovate. We strive to make bold moves and push technology to its limits; there are no wrong steps if the outcome redefines the boundaries.
- Open & Honest. We believe in building trust through transparency and honest communication. We’re proud of who we are, what we stand for, and what we’re building.
ABOUT THE JOB
Gunzilla Games are looking to recruit a Senior UI/UX Designer to join us in working on OTG (Off The Grid), an all-new AAA Battle Royale 2.0 third-person shooter, due for release on PlayStation®5, Xbox® Series X|S and PC.
- As a Senior UI/UX Designer, you will:
- Collaborate with UI/UX designers and game designers to determine functionality and usability requirements
- Design UI components, (menus, stats, inventory screens, in-game HUD elements, etc. but not UI Art)based on a given system design and support their implementation from scratch to complete features
- Collaborate and communicate with Art Director, UX Architect, UX designers, UI artists, game designers, producers & programmers in the creation and implementation of the game's UI
- Contribute to the design and streamlining of UI tools and processes
- Delivery of the final product's UI/UX elements and features
- 4+ years of professional experience in UI/UX with a strong portfolio
- Strong knowledge of user interface design, interaction design, motion graphics, information architecture, and the ability to generate design ideas
- Extensive experience with design and authoring tools like Figma, Sketch, Adobe XD, Photoshop, and Illustrator
- Extensive experience in the creation of interactive prototypes
- Strong interpersonal and team skills
- Ability to work with, instruct, and provide feedback to team members, externally and internally
- Ability to work well in a team environment and redo/iterate on work throughout the development
- Task-driven, self-motivated and proactive
- Quick learner, able to rapidly pick up new software and workflow pipelines
- Experience creating assets and styles for user interfaces on at least one published game (console titles preferred), having completed an entire development cycle
- Experience with Unreal Engine and UMG
- flexible Working & Work from Home
- Health Insurance
- Revenue Based Bonuses
- English / German Courses
- 25 Annual Paid Vacation & Sick Days
- Public Transportation
- Relocation & Accommodation Support
- Office Perks & Gym Membership
COME AS YOU ARE
Videogames are for everyone, so everyone should have the opportunity to create them. We’re looking for a huge variety of unique life experiences to help shape the worlds we’re developing, so promise your application will be given the same consideration as everyone else’s, regardless of your background. Let’s make video game history together!
OUR RECRUITMENT PROCESS
Here’s what you can expect when applying at Gunzilla.
· Simply fill in the registration form and send us your CV & Portfolio, if applicable
· If your selected, you’ll be contacted by our recruitment team for a Zoom call.
· After this the next steps would be Hiring manager and Team Zoom interviews, or you’ll be invited to meet us at our recruiting studio.
· Some roles require a competency test, which the recruitment team will support you on.
· Following your interview, we’ll contact you either way.
· If the interview went well but we feel you aren’t suited to the specific role, we’ll retain your details (with your permission) for future consideration.
Apply for this job
Location: FrankfurtKyiv /
Date found: 2023-03-23