At Rockstar Games, we create world-class entertainment experiences.
A career at Rockstar Games is about being part of a team working on some of the most creatively rewarding and ambitious projects to be found in any entertainment medium. You would be welcomed to a dedicated and inclusive environment where you can learn, and collaborate with some of the most talented people in the industry.
Rockstar San Diego is on the lookout for talented Senior UI Programmer who possesses a passion for creating world class user interfaces that help form the connection between the player and our games. This is a full-time permanent position based out of Rockstar's unique game development studio in Carlsbad, CA.
WHAT WE DO
- The UI Team at Rockstar is a diverse, multinational team made up of programmers and developers from across our studios.
- Working together across time zones we use our industry-leading, in-house proprietary “RAGE” engine to produce the User Interface features that form the connection between the player and our games.
- We develop our own UI tools, editors and technologies to let our UI developers realize the creative vision of the projects we work on while constantly striving for excellence to produce the seamless UI experience our millions of players expect.
- As a senior UI programmer, you will be given full responsibility for key tools, technologies and game features.
- The responsibilities will cover the entirety of development from beginning to end and cover large multi-year time spans. Identifying requirements and design work all the way through to implementation and final delivery.
- Working and coordinating with other UI team members and external team members to deliver your goals, you will set an example of excellence to other members of the team in the code you produce and your communications & conduct.
- Regularly in communication with your lead and the production department, you will provide frequent updates and time estimates for your areas of responsibility using our bug tracking software and other communication tools.
- Able to assist other team members with their work while managing your own workload, you will also be able to take ownership and responsibility for any critical issue that arises in your time zone to facilitate a quick resolution.
- As key team member, you will be added onto code reviews and discussions for you to contribute your technical expertise.
- 5+ years combined industry experience at other AAA game development studios.
- 2+ published AAA console titles.
- A degree in software engineering, mathematics or computer science.
- An expert in C++ and low-level, high-performance coding.
- Adept at C#.
- Comfortable with a wide range of code design patterns including OOP, MVVM and MVC programming.
- Fully experienced with the programming challenges related to UI development.
- Familiar with all tools used in day to day game development (Bug tracking software, communication tools, version control software etc).
- Familiar with the tools and SDKs of all major consoles.
Please note that these are desirable skills and are not required to apply for the position.
- In-depth familiarity with Rockstar products.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply with a resume and cover letter demonstrating how you meet the skills above. If we would like to move forward with your application, a Rockstar recruiter will reach out to you to explain next steps and guide you through the process.
Rockstar is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to hiring, promoting, and compensating employees based on their qualifications and demonstrated ability to perform job responsibilities.
If you’ve got the right skills for the job, we want to hear from you. We encourage applications from all suitable candidates regardless of age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, belief, or race.
The pay range for this position in San Diego at the start of employment is expected to be between the range below* per year. However, base pay offered is based on market location, and may vary further depending on individualized factors for job candidates, such as job-related knowledge, skills, experience, and other objective business considerations. Subject to those same considerations, the total compensation package for this position may also include other elements, including a bonus and/or equity awards, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. Details of participation in these benefit plans will be provided if an employee receives an offer of employment. If hired, employee will be in an "at-will position" and the company reserves the right to modify base salary (as well as any other discretionary payment or compensation or benefit program) at any time, including for reasons related to individual performance, company or individual department/team performance, and market factors.
Location: Carlsbad, California, United States
Country: United States