Playground Games is looking for a Senior UI Engineer to join our Fable team on a contract basis.
As a first-party Xbox Game Studio, we are passionate about making genre-defining games that are accessible, beautiful, and, most of all, fun. We are excited to be rebooting the much-loved Fable franchise and are expanding our diverse team to create a new classic in the action RPG genre.
About the role:
As a Senior UI Engineer, you will be working with the art, design and engineering teams to deliver UI and core technology features. You will work with the lead engineer to establish high-level goals for the team and directly with the dev team to plan and deliver UI features.
Our ideal candidate is an expert UI Engineer who is passionate about their craft, autonomous, skilled in C++, and has a proven track record in games development.
This is a contract role based at our state-of-the-art facilities in Royal Leamington Spa.
What you’ll do:
- Implement compelling UI features which are key to our projects vision.
- Develop core UI and engine features within our custom, proprietary engine.
- Work closely with the UI Art team to empower them through our technology.
- Become a key collaborator who can work effectively within a large multi-disciplined team.
What you’ll bring:
- 5 years of UI Engineering experience, with demonstrable work on at least one published title (ideally AAA).
- Strong C++ experience.
- Knowledge of existing UI frameworks such as WPF and proprietary engine development is a plus.
- Excellent task planning and delivery mindset.
- A genuine passion for video games.
This is a fantastic opportunity to make world-class game with an established, talented, and collaborative team at one of the industry’s most exciting first-party game studios.
Playground Games is an equal opportunities studio and encourages candidates of all backgrounds to apply.
Location: LeamingtonSpa, Warwickshire
Country: United Kingdom
Subscribe to all Engineering jobs in United Kingdom
Create Profile and Get Noticed