Complex Games, a game development studio based in Winnipeg, Canada, is seeking a Senior UI Designer to work closely with the Creative Director and Design Team to deliver UI design solutions for their Tactical RPGs. The successful candidate will collaborate with different team areas to build features from scratch, create icons, HUDs, menus, and layouts in keeping with an established art style, and provide UI expertise to help mentor and coach more junior members of the team. The ideal candidate should have a solid UI design background in PC and/or console game development, strong experience in the video game iterative pipeline process, and a great eye for layout composition, iconography, and typography. The company offers a competitive salary, annual bonus scheme, and an extended health and benefits plan.
Founded in 2001, Complex Games has over 20 years' experience with an ambition of becoming a global leader in the development of innovative Tactical RPGs, including the recent success of turn-based PC strategy game Warhammer 40,000: Chaos Gate – Daemonhunters. The studio is based in Winnipeg, Canada, and employs 20 talented and passionate people including its founders and several other industry veterans. We‘re now growing the team and looking forward to making even more great games in the future as part of Frontier. Come join us!
As part of our continued growth we are looking for a Senior UI Designer to work closely with the Creative Director and Design Team to deliver UI design solutions.
Working in line with the project vision and supporting the development of product style guides, you will use your initiative to build relationships with the game designers, iteratively develop interaction designs and work closely with the development team to create the best experiences within the budget.
This is an outstanding opportunity to join a studio with a track record of delivering successful Tactical RPGs and work with our experienced and passionate teams as you develop your career with us.
- Collaborate with different team’s areas (designers, developers, UX designers, etc.) to build features from scratch: from wireframes, to interactive prototypes and high fidelity mockups.
- Create icons, HUDs, menus and layouts in keeping with an established art style
- Create digital art assets and integrate them directly into the game engine
- Promote usability and user-centered UI solutions based on UX standards.
- Work closely with the team to understand problems and collaboratively develop smart solutions.
- Create high quality features that can be programmed and engineered by the Developers.
- Provide UI expertise to help, mentor and coach more junior members of the team.
- Keep up to date with the latest designs and trends.
- A solid UI design background in PC and/or console game development.
- Strong experience in the video game iterative pipeline process: from Lo-Fi to Hi-Fi UI design development.
- A great eye for layout composition, iconography and typography.
- Keeps up to date with new design methodologies, innovations and techniques and software packages.
- Resilient under pressure with the ability to remain calm and take important decisions.
- Able to take a feature from start to finish without much interference, including setting up reviews and giving constructive feedback.
- Experience working with the Unity Engine
- 2+ years experience in the video game industry.
- Experience managing other Artists.
Please Submit as Part of this Application:
- A portfolio with examples of your work or exploration of video game ui designs.
What we can offer you
You'll work directly with a friendly and experienced team that is striving to push the envelope in the tactical RPG space by creating challenging new worlds with compelling cinematic narratives.
We provide a competitive salary, our Frontier annual bonus scheme and an extended health and benefits plan.
We welcome and encourage applications from qualified candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.
Apply for this job
Date found: 2023-04-11