Super Evil Megacorp
We are a company for gamers, by gamers. We believe that truly good and deeply compelling games are timeless and will ultimately prevail over fine-tuned shallow addiction cycles. Our mission is to make deeply engaging and technically outstanding games, while embracing all the opportunities of cross-platform, new business models and a games industry in flux.
We are looking for motivated and highly skilled people who share our love for making outstanding games. You will need to be ready to take on the task of being part of a small but experienced and dedicated team, not be afraid to get your hands dirty, and have a can-do attitude. Join us! It’s going to be a thrilling ride.
SENIOR UI ARTIST
SEMC is looking for a highly creative and knowledgeable Senior UI Artist, to help build the UI experience for an exciting new unannounced project! As a Senior UI Artist, you will need to be both a highly skilled visual designer, as well as the guiding force behind the entire UI implementation. You will work closely with the Art Director, to bring the world and story of the game to life in your designs, while also collaborating directly with the UX Designer on functionality. As the UI is built, you will be the key linchpin between the Art, Gameplay, UX, and Engineering, helping to guide the process from earliest concepts to in game testing, ensuring a cohesive, effortless, and stunning visual experience for our players!
- Create stunning visual concepts for the game’s UI, that creatively harmonize with the gameplay experience.
- Collaborate closely with the Art Director and UX Designer, to ensure that visual concepts bring the game world to life, while still supporting the functionality and usability of the game.
- Establish strong visual and thematic consistencies across the entire user experience, including menus, gameplay elements, and UI VFX/animations.
- Create high quality, efficient, game ready UI assets (such as menus, icons, fonts, etc.)
- Maintain clear and organized asset libraries, while working closely with the Engineering team to ensure visual consistency between 2D concepts and in-game implementation.
- Expert concepting and visual design skills, with proven knowledge of graphic design, composition, layout, and storytelling.
- Basic knowledge of asset library management, and some sort of data driven layout system (eg. HTLM, XAML, Unreal, Unity, etc.).
- Self-motivated and highly collaborative, with strong interpersonal communication skills.
- Able to constructively give and receive feedback in a fast pace, demanding team environment.
- Advanced experience in UI asset management and layout on a AA or AAA title.
- Background in motion graphics, web design, or other related industry fields.
- Passionate about visual storytelling.
- Rich knowledge of a wide variety of top video game visual styles.
- 5+ years of proven experience as a UI Artist or equivalent visual designer in the video game industry.
- BA or equivalent background in art fundamentals
When submitting your application, please provide a portfolio of your relevant artwork, and as a part of the application process, you may also be asked to complete an art test.
Do you feel like you don’t meet each and every requirement on the job description? Many people don't apply for jobs unless they feel they exceed at every one of these job requirements. It’s very important for us at SEMC to ensure we have a diverse and inclusive group of talent, so please go ahead and apply even if you feel that you’re not a “perfect” fit! You just might be what we’re looking for!
Subscribe to all Design jobs in null
Create Profile and Get Noticed