Sumo Digital is opening a new studio in Bangalore and is looking to hire specialists in Art and Engineering to join their team. The new studio will play a key part in the co-development of multiple AAA console titles across Sumo Group. The role requires the development of user interface concepts and motion graphics, exploring and assembling visual material to define and improve the visual style of the game, and collaborating closely with UX designers to iterate and consider the gameplay implications of the design and the overall player experience. The company offers flexible working hours, group health insurance, term insurance, paid holidays, learning days, paternity and maternity leave, relocation assistance, competitive bonuses, and recognition of service length awards. Sumo Digital encourages and welcomes applicants from all backgrounds.
Following the incredible success of Sumo Pune, which since its founding in 2007 has grown to over 150 talented team members across a myriad of disciplines, Sumo Digital is opening a new studio in Bangalore to support the development of some of the most exciting video game projects in the world.
Sumo Bangalore is a new studio that will play a key part in the co-development of multiple AAA console titles across Sumo Group. We are looking to hire key specialists across Art and Engineering to join the Sumo India family.
As a Sumo Digital studio, Sumo Bangalore joins an award-winning family of international studios. Previous titles developed by Sumo Digital include the BAFTA-Award winning Sackboy: A Big Adventure, Hood: Outlaws & Legends, Control Ultimate Edition on Google Stadia, Apple Arcade Award-winning Little Orpheus, Hot Shot Racing, WST Snooker and Spyder.
As winners of the TIGA Star Employment Award for 2021, recipients of the GI Biz 2020 Best Places to Work Award and listed as one of the UK’s 100 Best Large Companies to Work for in 2021, Sumo Digital has enjoyed 18 years of stability and growth since its formation in 2003 and continues to strive for excellence across every single project.
We’d love for you to join us as we continue our journey with the launch of Sumo Bangalore.
Within this role you will:
- Work with the lead artist to develop, explore and style the games user interface and develop icons, buttons, frames and panels etc.
- Create user interface concepts and motion graphics to demonstrate transitions and interactions as well as execute them within the game engine.
- Explore and assemble visual material to define and improve the visual style of the game.
- Solve problems effectively and creatively with an ability to scale quality when time or deadlines require it.
- Collaborate closely with UX designer to iterate and consider the gameplay implications of the design and the overall player experience.
- Detach yourself from personal tastes to approach and problem solve from the players perspective.
- Always thinking about how we can be better.
We need you to have:
- Diverse UI style portfolio from casual friendly games through to mature titles. (Experience in the Adobe graphics suite essential)
- Great illustration skills to develop the UI from freehand sketch to accurate vectors.
- Clear consideration of color theory, shape, scale, form, silhouette.
- Basic understanding of 3D packages and using them as part of a concept workflow.
- Can do attitude with confidence in your ability to work to a design spec / brief whilst able to use your own intuition to fill in the gaps.
- Fastidious attention to detail to push the visual and technical barriers further.
- Knowledge of game engine UI systems such as UGUI as bonus.
- An open approach to collaboration and feedback from others.
- Excellent communication skills never afraid to ask questions.
What we offer:
· Flexible working hours
· Group Health Insurance Policy – Self, spouse and children covered up to 6 Lacs.
· Term Insurance – 4 times of current CTC
· 21 days of paid holidays with four statutory days,
· Five Learning days each year,
· 4-weeks paternity leave, 6 Months Maternity leave.
· Arrangements for bereavement, adoption and sabbaticals etc.
· Monthly snacks amount top-up to your Sodexo card.
· Competitive bonuses
· Relocation Assistance
· Industry-leading recruitment Referral Scheme
· Special Occasion Celebration & Celebration vouchers
· Timely care packages
· Regular socials including: Movie nights, online watch parties, dinner parties, an invite to the much-loved ‘Sumo Big Day Out’ for you and your family.
· Employee Assistance program
· Gaming Events and activities include team lunch/ team dinner.
· Recognition of service length awards.
Where do we stand on diversity?
At Sumo Digital, we want to enable everyone to bring their full, authentic selves to work every single day. We acknowledge that the games industry is far from perfect and a global organisation with people all over the world, from all kinds of backgrounds, we know it’s part of our duty to provide everyone at Sumo with a safe, accepting and affirming working environment.
We encourage and welcome applicants from all backgrounds.
Apply for this job
Date found: 2023-03-17