Kabam is seeking a Senior Graphic Designer to lead in concepting and creating consumer-facing creative in support of their mobile and PC games. The ideal candidate should have a passion for video gaming and a proven track record for overseeing and developing performance-driven creative concepts for display assets supporting user acquisition efforts and app store optimization. The Senior Graphic Designer will work with a talented and passionate in-house Growth Creative video team and the ASO managers. The role involves designing research, ideation, and creation primarily of User Acquisition assets, creating visual executions primarily in support of User Acquisition efforts and design for App Store Product Pages (ASO), and taking direction from briefs prepared by the Growth Media team and the Creative Strategist in creating and designing user-facing creative that results in high consumer engagement and acquisition. The candidate should have a Bachelor’s degree in design or equivalent work experience, 5-6 years of combined professional experience working in creative services team or ad agency and directly as a professional graphic designer on an advertising acquisition art team, and knowledge of the Adobe Suite of products, including Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign. Kabam offers extended health coverage, flexible spending accounts, RRSP matching, PTO and Parental Leave, Employee and Family Assistance Program, Telus Virtual Health, Learning and growth opportunities, pay transparency, cool spaces, and giving back initiatives. Kabam is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer committed to building a diverse and equitable workplace and inclusive environment for all existing and potential employees.
At Kabam, we’re constantly raising the bar of excellence in free-to-play gaming. We hire for passion and diversity so that we can triumph in our collective skill. Our teams are made up of a fusion of personalities and interests bound together by a collaborative nature, fun-loving culture, and a drive to do what it takes to make great games. And this is where you come in… You have a passion for video gaming that equals your passion for developing great creatives. You have a proven track record for overseeing and developing performance-driven creative concepts for display assets supporting user acquisition efforts and app store optimization. In short, you are experienced in driving engagement, as well as knowledgeable in driving successful Apple and Google Play storefront conversion. We are seeking a Senior Graphic Designer who will lead in concepting and creating consumer-facing creative in support of our mobile and PC games, including Disney Mirrorverse, Marvel Contest of Champions and Shop Titans mobile games. You’ll work with a talented and passionate in-house Growth Creative video team and the ASO managers.
In this role, you can expect to:
- Design research, ideation, and creation primarily of User Acquisition assets
- Create visual executions primarily in support of User Acquisition efforts and design for App Store Product Pages (ASO)
- Take direction from briefs prepared by the Growth Media team and the Creative Strategist in creating and designing user-facing creative that results in high consumer engagement and acquisition
- Understand KPI performance metrics to drive creative decisions
- Work with Creative Strategists and ASO managers to evaluate A/B testing results and develop assets for creative variants
- Work closely with the Marketing Communications team to access the designs and illustrations and other creative being developed for brand, community and social channel efforts
- Ensure each creative meets licensors' requirements (character standards, social/platform restrictions) as well as platform requirements (Google, Apple, Steam, Epic)
- Improve our game’s brand presence and performance on STEAM and EPIC
- Remain current with the latest graphic UA trends for mobile and PC advertising
- Ensure all assets are on brand
- Ensure successful delivery of multiple projects by managing design deliverables and timelines
- Cross-functional working with multiple departments and stakeholders
- Production - you will be expected to design and manage projects with production (localization & sizing) in mind and may need to share in ad hoc duties
- Camaraderie - We’re a small but mighty team, so a can-do attitude will be paramount to enjoying the journey and succeeding together
Your background includes:
- Bachelor’s degree in design or equivalent work experience accepted
- 5-6 years of combined professional experience working in creative services team or ad agency and directly as a professional graphic designer on an advertising acquisition art team
- Portfolio (digitally available) showing a strong design sense.
- Knowledge of the Adobe Suite of products, including Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign
- Organizational and time-management skills for meeting deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Strong sense of typography, colour, layout, and hierarchy
- Digital Sketching and storyboarding skills are a plus
- Game industry experience and passion for games are a plus
- Comfortable in a hybrid workplace
- Must be willing to travel
Our success is due to the hard work of our people. We share our success with our people through flexible benefits and reward programs, sweet swag, snacks, and more. Here’s a look at some of the support we provide our people
- We know that one size doesn’t fit all - every team has the flexibility to find the right balance between in-studio, remote, and hybrid in-studio/remote.
- We offer extended health coverage effective day one, with no waiting period, including a flexible health spending account and/or personal spending account! Any leftover amounts from the health/personal spending account can also be automatically added to a group TFSA.
- Telus Health Virtual Care that provides you a way to remotely interact with healthcare providers, available 24/7 to get prescription refills or referrals from the comfort of your home.
- We provide an employee assistance program to ensure our people’s mental and emotional well-being.
- Everyone retires eventually, and we help our people save for their futures with a contribution matching program for their RRSP.
- We offer paid parental leave, flexible paid time off (no worrying about how much time has been earned), as well as paid time off for volunteering.
- We encourage development through educational support, training sessions, skill development, knowledge sharing, and more!
- We encourage our team to help us hire the best talent through our referral program, where they can earn up to $5,000 for a successful referral hire.
Our success is due to the hard work of our people. We share our success with our people through flexible benefits and reward programs, sweet swag, snacks, and more. Here’s a look at some of the support we provide our people:
- Extended Health Coverage: effective day one, no waiting period! Our benefits cover health, dental, life, disability, and extended paramedical services such as vision care, mental health practitioners, massage, physiotherapy, acupuncture, and much more.
- DEIB Benefits: DEIB is important to us and to our people - that’s why our benefits include gender-affirming care, fertility care, and other hormonal treatments and drugs.
- Flexible Spending Accounts: our benefits are built on a flex credit model, so you’re able to choose the coverage levels that are right for you, and allocate the rest to a group RRSP/TFSA, Health Spending account, and/or Personal Spending Account.
- RRSP Matching: everyone retires eventually, and we help our people save for their futures with a contribution matching program once you reach 90 days with us.
- PTO and Parental Leave: we offer paid parental leave, unlimited paid time off, paid time off for volunteering, sick leave, and holiday closures.
- Employee and Family Assistance Program: this program provides crisis management support, immediate mental health care, and generalized support for emotional, mental, and financial well-being.
- Telus Virtual Health: we provide increased access to remote healthcare providers for prescription refills or referrals from the comfort of your home.
- Learning and growth: We encourage people to grow both personally and professionally, and support this through regular lunch & learns and an education stipend.
- Pay transparency: We share with employees the pay range their role falls within and clear career maps to determine how they can grow within their role or level-up to a promotion.
- Cool spaces: Our offices are in San Francisco, Los Angeles, Vancouver, Montreal, Prince Edward Island, and Seoul. Whether it’s summers on the rooftop patio in Downtown Vancouver, watching the fireworks in Montreal’s South Shore, or trying local eats in Downtown Charlottetown - we want our people to feel like their time spent in office is worthwhile!
- Giving back: Our ‘Agents of Change’ initiative is how we support the communities close to our heart, and we have several events and fundraisers every year that Agents of Change organize.
Excited by this opportunity? Kabam is dedicated to growing our diverse and inclusive workforce, so if your past experience doesn’t perfectly match the listed requirements we encourage you to apply anyways - you could be a great fit for this or other positions.
We invite you to apply now and start the conversation with us. Together, we can create and support some of the best games ever made and entertain the world!
Kabam is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer committed to building a diverse and equitable workplace, and inclusive environment for all existing and potential employees. Employment decisions are based on candidate qualifications and business need, not race, color, ancestry, place of origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, political belief, religion, creed, marital or family status, medical condition, genetic information, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, prior criminal conviction or any other protected class in accordance with federal, state or provincial and local laws and ordinances. Accommodations will be provided as requested by candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Kabam is a world leader in developing entertaining, immersive, and highly social multiplayer games, bringing high-quality graphics, next-generation technology, and revolutionary gameplay to players around the world.
Kabam’s games, Marvel Contest of Champions, Disney Mirrorverse, and Shop Titans, have generated hundreds of millions of downloads and have received multiple awards including Apple’s Editor’s Choice and Google Play’s Best Game of the Year.
Founded in 2006, Kabam has studios and offices in Vancouver, Montreal and Charlottetown in Canada, Los Angeles and San Francisco in the United States, and in Seoul, South Korea. Kabam is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Netmarble Games.
Apply for this job
Date found: 2023-03-17