Crytek is seeking a Senior Tools Engineer to work on the development of the CRYENGINE Sandbox Editor. The role involves owning parts of the workflow and certain pipeline tools, giving work estimates, and prioritizing work with peers and project management. The ideal candidate should have at least 3 years of professional experience, be fluent in C++, have strong software engineering and debugging skills, and a strong understanding of asset data processing pipelines, algorithms, and workflow. Crytek offers relocation packages, remote work options, and various benefits such as a company apartment, gym membership, German language courses, and vacation days.
Crytek is looking for an experienced Senior Tools Engineer to support our CRYENGINE team.
As a Tools Engineer, you will be working in a cooperative, cross-disciplinary environment to develop the CRYENGINE Sandbox Editor. On our innovative and friendly team, you can expect your abilities and scope of duties to grow as you make a real difference.
Relocation & Remote Work
Although we believe living close to our studio helps foster team spirit and stronger bonds between team members, we understand that people have different needs and expectations for their place of residence. You have a choice of three location options, allowing you to work with Crytek from anywhere you wish:
1. Come to our modern headquarters in Frankfurt and receive an attractive relocation package and have access to all of our benefits.
2. If you are already living in a European Union member state, we are able to offer you a permanent work contract and allow you to work remotely as an employee from there.
3. If you are interested in full-time remote work in any other country outside of the European Union, we can offer you a freelance contract arrangement.
- Contribute to the development of the CRYENGINE Sandbox Editor.
- Own parts of the workflow and certain pipeline tools - this includes design, implementation, extension, documentation, communication, identifying weaknesses, making improvements, etc.
- Give work estimates and prioritize work with peers and project management.
- Timely delivery of tasks.
- 3+ years of professional experience.
- Fluent in C++, strong software engineering and debugging skills.
- Strong understanding of asset data processing pipelines, algorithms and workflow and performance impacts
- Good communication skills and ability to work in a team.
- Ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical parties.
- Is capable of investigating a broad range of areas.
- Excellent communication and writing English skills.
- Experience writing tools using other languages like for example C#, .NET, Python, Mel or MaxScript.
- Strong 3D math background.
- Experience in a tools/pipeline engineering role in the games or movie industry.
- Experience with any potentially useful technology for tool chain or pipeline enhancement and optimization: for example other scripting languages, web technologies, databases etc.
- Experience using and writing plug-ins for DCC applications (e.g. Maya, 3ds Max, MotionBuilder, XSI, Blender, Sketch Up, Z-Brush, Photoshop, etc…).
- Experience with consoles.
- Experience with different forms of content generation: motion capture systems, procedural content generation etc.
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, a similar degree or comparable experience.
- Passionate about making games.
What you can expect from us
Work-life balance is not just a hollow term for us. At Crytek, we offer you the option to either work from home or in our studio.
Your professional development is important to us, so we have laid out a career plan to help you progress towards your goals and objectives.
To help you get settled, we provide you with a fully furnished company apartment during your first three months in Frankfurt.*
We offer a relocation budget and full coverage of flights to Frankfurt for you and your family.
You can expect extensive assistance with visa, work permits, and communication with authorities during the relocation process, as well as help settling into Germany (e.g. setting up appointments with banks, government agencies, schools, landlords, finding apartments etc.).*
Public Transport Pass
Discover Frankfurt by bus, tram and metro – free of charge.*
A healthy body is a healthy mind. We offer a membership at the premium gym chain Fitness First in Germany. Work out, join group fitness classes, or relax in the wellness facilities.
We truly embody diversity at Crytek. With employees from over 42 different countries, we define ourselves by our cultural diversity.
Understanding the local culture will make your stay abroad more enjoyable, and Crytek supports that by offering German language courses for you and your family.
At our Frankfurt office you can enjoy 24 days of vacation per year, and every 2 years you get 1 more (up to a maximum of 28 days). You will also have on average 10 public holidays on top of the days you take off. If you are working from another country, local standards apply.
*only applicable to employees in Frankfurt.
Apply for this job
Location: Frankfurt & Remote
Date found: 2023-04-11