Senior Technical Project Manager
At Improbable, we believe that the next revolution in entertainment and society will come from massive virtual worlds. They will create new economies and opportunities globally, changing not just how we play, but how we work and relate to each other. That’s why we’ve made it our mission to build the next generation of technologies for online multi-user games and simulations.
At Improbable, you are surrounded by people who want to improve everything and everyone around them, and who compel you to improve yourself. We’re motivated by the fulfillment of solving hard problems to achieve something profound and transformative.
Project Management lives within the Improbable Engineering Operations function, sitting cross-functionally across our engineering, marketing, and customer-facing teams in the Games Business Unit.
“Project Management helps organizations and self-organizing teams achieve company goals with just enough process to be predictable, scalable and continuously improving”
It’s our responsibility to empower teams to support the delivery of multiple projects and to help teams anticipate and mitigate risks, track and communicate timelines to the wider business and Executive leadership, while continuously evolving teams’ roadmaps to align with the company-wide strategy.
Areas for Impact
You will be part of our Technical Services teams, helping ship game features for some of the most exciting games in the industry, ensuring the teams are continuously and autonomously delivering against the requirements and acceptance criteria.
You will be meeting with game studios, both internal and external, and stakeholders to propose time vs. quality vs. risk tradeoffs throughout the process of game development, providing high visibility for the team on the progress of the deliverables and escalating risks ahead of time.
We’d like to hear from you if you identify with the following
- A love for games & immersive technology.
- You are the eyes, ears, and glue of our game development teams. You are a force multiplier for every team you’ve been on and the development process.
- You are highly organized and thorough ensuring that the project objectives will be met in a timely and efficient manner.
- Excellent at following up with developers to ensure they understand their priorities and goals.
- Excellent in self-managing workloads through Jira or another tracking methodology and comfortable with managing multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Excellent in identifying problems and solutions for the team.
- Very dependable with an excellent 'say-do ratio.
- An expert communicator both internally and externally. Experience working directly with internal and external clients, including leading weekly client meetings, project resolution, and scope negotiations.
- You have game production experience.
While we think the above experience could be important, we can’t predict the future and so we’re keen to hear from applicants that believe they have valuable experience. If you identify with the team & mission, but not all of the suggestions, then please still apply!
Improbable is determined to foster an environment where people can do their best work and feel like they belong. We believe a healthy culture, strong values and contribution from a diverse range of individuals will help us to achieve success.
We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, gender, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.
Life at Improbable
Diversity, inclusion & belonging
Apply for this job
Location: Remote - UK
Date posted: 2022-01-20