The job is for a Technical Program Manager to work with the Solutions Development team at Magic Leap 2, building first-party applications for AR. The role involves defining product requirements, establishing scope and timelines, managing day-to-day development tasks, identifying risks, interfacing with cross-functional teams, participating in the interview process for new hires, and working independently. The ideal candidate should have 7+ years of experience in project management or a related field, strong communication skills, a desire to learn and grow in the AR industry, and experience working within a design, build, and release environment. The salary range for the position is $123,000—$172,000 USD.
The Solutions Development team builds first-party applications for Magic Leap 2 that leverage the platform’s ability to connect people in collaborative spaces using AR. We seek a Technical Program Manager to help us on this mission by working closely with engineering and design leads to define, schedule, and track our projects. Additionally, this role will partner with the engineering leads to collaborate with cross-functional groups such as the platform software, product, and Unity SDK teams.
- Working closely with the design team, define product requirements in a clear, concise fashion for engineering and QA to implement and test
- In collaboration with the Solution’s leadership team, establish scope and timelines for the various projects in flight
- Manage day-to-day development tasks, ensure that engineers are neither blocked nor idle, and monitor the overall progress of the work
- Identify risk – either to the overall schedule or to the quality of the work delivered
- Interface with teams across the company such as platform software, product, and SDK to flag blockers to the Solutions team’s work and coordinate the successful deployment and support of our applications
- Participate in the interview process for engineering new hires
- 7+ years experience in project management or a related field
- Strong communication skills essential
- Desire to learn and grow in the nascent industry of augmented reality
- Ability to work independently and develop new skills
- Experience working within a design, build, and release environment
- Agile development experience preferred
- Experience with Jira a plus
- Bachelor's degree in business management or computer science, or equivalent work experience in a related field
- Our company vision is to amplify human potential. Our mission is to deliver enterprise a powerful tool for transformation—an augmented reality platform of great utility and simplicity. Achieving our goals requires passion and dedication. That’s why we’re committed to building and empowering a diverse team of incredibly talented people and fostering an inclusive culture through our values of unity, innovation, and user centricity.
- All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines.
Our salary ranges are determined by role, level and location. In addition to salary, Magic Leap offers a discretionary bonus, equity, and a fully comprehensive benefits package for eligible employees.
US Base Salary Range
Location: Remote (US based only)
Country: United States
Date found: 2023-04-11