Role descriptionThe opportunity
The Unity Extended Reality (XR) team is looking for a Senior Technical Program Manager (TPM) to work with the XR teams and other teams across Unity building the next generation of virtual and augmented reality content creation tools. This role will work closely with our external partners to deliver features and workflows within the Unity Editor and Engine that allow XR creators to build once and deploy across many hardware platforms.
As an XR TPM, you will oversee delivery of programs that make up the strategic roadmap. You will collaborate with leaders from engineering, product management, design, technical art, and other disciplines as necessary. You will also play a key role in building relationships and facilitating collaboration with multiple external partners. You will wear several hats: connector, mentor, reporter, translator, diplomat, and act as a force multiplier for the teams with whom you work. You should have a highly adaptable program management style, and dedication to cultivating a culture of individual empowerment, ownership, and trust.What you’ll be doing
- Coordinate with engineering and product managers to maintain and execute against a clear roadmap that balances feature development goals, partner commitments, and operational improvements.
- Use effective communication, tools, and program management strategies so teams stay on-track, goals are met, and internal and external stakeholders have the information they need.
- Always be iterating on processes and methodologies to improve our velocity, collaboration, and visibility while being respectful of what came before.
- Lead by example with well facilitated meetings, clear agendas, and timely follow through on actions.
- Internalize and evangelize Unity’s core values: Users first. Best ideas win. In it together. Go bold!
- Software project/program management, working across engineering and non-engineering teams to facilitate successful delivery of features and products
- Delivery against contractual obligations and managing external relationships
- Management of process and organizational change, working with the current of embedded habits rather than fighting against it
- Establishing relationships, maintaining culture, and optimizing communications to a variety of audiences across different time zones.
- Experience with building projects using the Unity engine
- Experience with extended reality content and a knowledge of the history and passion for the future of the domain.
- Literacy and demonstrable experience with Kanban, Scrum, Waterfall, and other development methodologies and using tools such as Jira, Fogbugz, Favro, Trello, and Confluence to implement them.
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity is the foundation upon which the world’s most powerful digital content is created. Specifically, Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
In the fourth quarter of 2021, Unity had, on average, 3.9 billion monthly active end users who consumed content created or operated with its solutions. The applications developed by these creators were downloaded, on average, five billion times per month in 2021. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment and celebrate our employees across age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. Our differences are strengths that enable us to support the growing and evolving needs of our customers, partners, and collaborators. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please fill out this form to let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Location: San Francisco, CA, USA
Country: United States
Subscribe to all DevOps jobs in United States
Create Profile and Get Noticed