Wizards Of The Coast
At Wizards of the Coast, we connect people around the world through play and imagination. From our genre-defining games like Magic: The Gathering® and Dungeons & Dragons® to our growing multiverse, we continue to innovate and build new ways to foster friendship and connection. That’s where you come in!
Wizards of the Coast is building a Central Technology team, helping to drive our business goals and the evolution of our digital gaming development. We are a group of hardworking developers guided by the belief that providing industry-leading tools, innovative technology, and support can empower our game teams to deliver world-class player experiences.
Our headquarters is located in Seattle, Washington, but we support fully remote employees. We are looking for a versatile and dedicated Senior Technical Producer to join us and help lead our team.
In this role, you will be a key member of the core leadership of our team! We’re looking for someone who believes that creating high-value, shared technology is key to the success of our products. In your pursuit of supporting our development teams, you will help set the vision for shared technology and drive the implementation of that technology. The Senior Technical Producer will work with the Head of Technology to ensure all Wizards projects are supported by the development of fundamental shared technology.
What You'll Do:
- Own the budget for the central technology team and associated cost center. Maintain a list of licensed tools and technology for purposes of yearly forecasting. Build and be accountable for a view of costs which shows a breakdown of how our people are applied to each partner product.
- Lead the creation and adoption of common development practices across the team to improve the predictability of our development process.
- Collaborate on new methodologies and approaches with partner teams to clearly communicate the team's priorities and give visibility to their efforts.
- Support the creation of shared technology by using curiosity, judgment, and anticipating change in order to advise or redirect efforts as needed to achieve results.
- Craft and maintain a comprehensive project plan, schedule, scope, and resource forecast for multiple teams along a complex production pipeline.
- Manage and mentor junior technical producers on the team.
What You'll Bring:
- 8+ years leading production of technical teams in video games or an equivalent industry.
- Experience working on technical teams and projects such as Gameplay Engineering, Engine/Rendering, Build Pipelines, Online Services, or Tools.
- Validated conflict management skills with strength in mediation leading to the resolution of risk and roadblocks.
- Mastery of a variety of project management techniques in an internal development environment coupled with deep experience building and maintaining schedules.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to communicate effectively across product development and management teams.
- Strong organizational & prioritization skills, attention to detail, process knowledge, and a solid track record of multitasking.
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for satisfactory performance in this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of the duties, responsibilities, or requirements of the position.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. If you are selected to move forward in our application process and need to request an accommodation, please let your recruiter or coordinator know.
In compliance with local law, we are disclosing the compensation range for this role. The range listed is just one component of Wizards of the Coast’s total compensation package for employees. Employees may also be eligible for annual and long-term incentives. In addition, Wizards of the Coast provides a variety of benefits to employees. Here’s a look at what your benefits package may include: Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance, Paid Vacation Time & Holidays, Generous 401(k) match, Paid Parental Leave, Volunteer Program, Employee Giving & Matching Gifts Programs, Tuition Reimbursement, Product Discounts, and more.
Location: Renton, WA / Fully Remote
Country: United States