Gunzilla Games is an independent AAA developer seeking a Senior Technical Designer to work on their upcoming game, Off The Grid, a Battle Royale 2.0 third-person shooter. The ideal candidate will be responsible for constructing prototypes, driving the development of new game features, and implementing and maintaining scripting in existing levels. They will also be expected to anticipate the needs of content designers, advise the design and production teams on technical costs of game features, and translate creative vision and design concepts into specs and documentation. The company values player satisfaction, commitment to engagement and quality, innovation, and transparency. The recruitment process involves filling out a registration form, submitting a CV and portfolio, and participating in Zoom interviews and competency tests.
ABOUT GUNZILLA GAMES
Founded in 2020, Gunzilla Games is a fresh, independent AAA developer working on its Battle Royale 2.0 Off The Grid in three metropolitan locations: Frankfurt, Germany (HQ); Los Angeles, USA; and Kyiv, Ukraine. The company is helmed by serial entrepreneur CEO, Vlad Korolev and CSO Alexander Zoll. Gunzilla is built on the desire to innovate and push the limits of the industry.
Gunzilla’s formidable team of talent comes from a variety of industry-leading studios and publishers (Ubisoft, Electronic Arts (EA), THQ etc) as well as Oscar-nominated screenwriter, director and producer Neill Blomkamp, Chief Visionary Officer, and the author of the Altered Carbon series, that has been adapted into a popular Netflix show, Richard K. Morgan, Script Writer.
Gunzilla Leadership team includes well-known industry professionals like Timur Davidenko, Chief Technology Officer (Far Cry, Warface, and Crysis), Scott Probin, Studio Director (EA Sports’ NHL series, the Need for Speed franchise, Populous 2, Powermonger, Space Hulk), Oleksiy Plaksin, Lead Art Director, (Moto GP and RIDE, Warface and Act of Aggression, Sniper: Ghost Warrior), Dmitriy Markov, Technical Director (Metro: Exodus, Arktika.1), Volodymyr Savin, Audio Director (Cut the Rope, Metro Exodus, HBO Chernobyl series).
- Players First & Foremost. We aim to create titles that players love and get lost in, so our games are developed with them in mind from the start.
- We Believe in Our People. We believe in building strong teams of self-motivated individuals empowered to work at their best in a supportive environment; when we’re strong together, we thrive together.
- Commitment to Engagement & Quality. We are deeply passionate about what we do, ensuring we produce next-generation experiences of the highest calibre.
- Make Bold Moves & Innovate. We strive to make bold moves and push technology to its limits; there are no wrong steps if the outcome redefines the boundaries.
- Open & Honest. We believe in building trust through transparency and honest communication. We’re proud of who we are, what we stand for, and what we’re building.
ABOUT THE JOB
Gunzilla Games are seeking a Senior Technical Designer to join us working on OTG (Off The Grid), an all-new AAA Battle Royale 2.0 third person shooter, due for release on PlayStation®5, Xbox® Series X|S and PC.
- Construct prototypes and test levels that showcase, validate and document game features, systems, and bespoke experiences.
- Drive the development of prototypes for new game features
- Own the implementation, performance, and maintenance of scripting in existing levels.
- Identify and resolve issues while working with other teams to discover, define and share best practices, workflow optimizations and development tools.
- Develop an effective and efficient toolchain for the design team, and support the team in its use with training and documentation
- Play a key role in designing and developing design tools and improve efficiency in content and systems workflows
- Anticipate the needs of content designers to create the game content as simply and as efficiently as possible
- Work with Engineering and Art teams to agree and enforce best practices for content designers
- Advise the Design and Production teams on technical costs of game features, helping to estimate resources required
- Help design, implement, balance and debug game features that require an additional technical insight
- Translate the creative vision and design concepts into specs and documentation as needed for engineers and technical artists
- Serve as a conduit between Design and Engineering and able to be an advocate for both within the scope of the project
- Excellent technical understanding of the Unreal Engine
- Keen understanding of game design and game systems
- Experience in translating game design into formal technical requirements
- Understanding of concepts for Multiplayer Game Development
- Interest in collaborating within a team of diverse perspectives to derive great solutions
- Passionate about problem identification and solving
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Comfortable driving work and balancing quality with efficiency
- A genuine passion for games
- Flexible Working & Work from Home
- Health Insurance
- Revenue Based Bonuses
- English / German Courses
- 25 Annual Paid Vacation & Sick Days
- Public Transportation
- Relocation & Accommodation Support
- Office Perks & Gym Membership
COME AS YOU ARE
Videogames are for everyone, so everyone should have the opportunity to create them. We’re looking for a huge variety of unique life experiences to help shape the worlds we’re developing, so promise your application will be given the same consideration as everyone else’s, regardless of your background. Let’s make video game history together!
OUR RECRUITMENT PROCESS
Here’s what you can expect when applying at Gunzilla.
· Simply fill in the registration form and send us your CV & Portfolio, if applicable
· If your selected, you’ll be contacted by our recruitment team for a Zoom call.
· After this the next steps would be Hiring manager and Team Zoom interviews, or you’ll be invited to meet us at our recruiting studio.
· Some roles require a competency test, which the recruitment team will support you on.
· Following your interview, we’ll contact you either way.
· If the interview went well but we feel you aren’t suited to the specific role, we’ll retain your details (with your permission) for future consideration.
Apply for this job
Location: FrankfurtKyiv /
Date found: 2023-03-17