Wizards Of The Coast
At Wizards of the Coast, we connect people around the world through play and imagination. From our genre defining games like Magic: The Gathering® and Dungeons & Dragons® to our growing multiverse, we continue to innovate and build new ways to foster friendship and connection. That’s where you come in!
Skeleton Key is a new game development studio and division of Wizards of the Coast. We are a group of industry veterans who are guided by the belief that empowering our teams and providing the proper time, tools, and support we can foster a creative culture where everyone can do their best work.
Our new studio will be located in Austin, TX, and we are looking for a passionate and dedicated Senior Technical Designer to join us and help architect gameplay systems, mechanics, features, and tools.
Reporting to the Design Director you will play a meaningful role as we prototype and work towards kicking off pre-production. You'll work with design, engineering, and other subject area leads to solidify the pipelines, workflows, and processes to implement our project vision.
The ideal candidate will have built high-quality content as a designer, be a strong collaborator that enjoys working across subject areas, have a strong technical background, and be comfortable writing code and script.
What You'll Do:
- Collaborate with team members from all subject areas to drive implementation of core game mechanics and project design infrastructure.
- Own and prototype key features of the game.
- Help establish the technical design team through mentorship, knowledge-sharing, and documentation.
- Work with leadership team and production to set priorities and goals for your work.
- Architect and build design systems, features, tools, workflows, and framework for efficient content implementation (gameplay systems and tools).
- Help develop standards for design content creation and advocate standard processes to the team.
- Proactively seek out and resolve bottlenecks to improve efficiency and empower the design team to build outstanding high-quality and bug-free content.
- Act as a strong quality advocate for team, crafting content that is AAA quality and helping others on the team achieve the same high quality.
- Regularly play the game, providing constructive feedback and suggestions.
- Remain up to date on industry trends and competitor games.
What You'll Bring:
- 5+ years of experience as a Technical Designer or Senior Technical Designer with at least 1 shipped AAA title.
- Experience working in and technical proficiency with Unreal Editor.
- Programming and scripting experience.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Highly organized.
- Self-sufficient and self-motivated, able to push something forward but also know when to ask for guidance or help.
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for satisfactory performance in this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of the duties, responsibilities, or requirements of the position.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
In compliance with local law, we are disclosing the compensation range for this role. The range listed is just one component of Wizards of the Coast’s total compensation package for employees. Employees may also be eligible for annual and long-term incentives. In addition, Wizards of the Coast provides a variety of benefits to employees. Here’s a look at what your benefits package may include: Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance, Paid Vacation Time & Holidays, Generous 401(k) match, Paid Parental Leave, Volunteer Program, Employee Giving & Matching Gifts Programs, Tuition Reimbursement, Product Discounts, and more.
Location: Austin, TX
Country: United States