At Firewalk, our mission is to spark incredible multiplayer experiences that inspire memorable moments. We’re building a world-class, next-generation game studio where people come first. For us, setting a high-quality bar, creating something extraordinary, and treating each other with trust and respect go hand-in-hand. Our collaborative team of amazing creators are crafting new worlds that ignite imagination and connection. Join us to deliver awesome gaming entertainment, rooted in strong gameplay and inspiring art that captures the joy of playing together.
We are currently working on an unannounced, original multiplayer game that is being published by our partners at Sony Interactive Entertainment. We’re actively looking to add visionary creators who thrive in an environment where the “status quo” just won’t do and who genuinely want to be part of a collaborative, inclusive, and respectful team.
Firewalk is proud to be part of the ProbablyMonsters family of studios who recently raised $250 million to secure our future and our team with the benefits of a long-lasting career.
Firewalk Studios is looking for a Senior Technical Artist who is interested in applying their skills to help bring exceptional entertainment to millions of players. As our Senior Technical Artist, you will be responsible for collaborating with the artists, level designers, engineers, and the entire maps team to create materials, workflows, and tools to push our world’s aesthetics.
WHO YOU ARE
- You have a deep understanding of physically based rendering and how to translate this into our virtual worlds.
- You have a solid understanding of AAA content creation processes and how to keep them running smoothly.
- You have a proven ability to collaborate with a Level Designer, Level Artist, Art Director, and Engineer to understand their disciplines, and translate their intentions through technical possibilities.
- You have a proven track record of utilizing new and existing technologies to support a range of environments in a cohesive way across multiple levels.
- You have a deep understanding of how lighting, atmosphere, materials, and architecture influence each other from both a real world and technical perspective.
WHAT YOUR DAY MIGHT LOOK LIKE
- Meet with the Art Leads and Technical Art Director to discover technical concerns and opportunities.
- Collaborate with the Art teams to establish best practices and review any material or workflow related issues.
- Finding the perfect balance between the artistic intent of a scene and real-time performance requirements.
- Join a playtest to see how the team’s work influences the game and give feedback on the entire game.
- Experience and technical knowledge of PBR material creation and troubleshooting.
- You have a strong technical understanding of content creation tools and workflows, with production experience supporting at least one of the major DCCs.
- You are inspired to create interesting and performant materials to further the artistic vision of the art directors.
- You have collaborated with a team to meet shared goals, or ship a project as a Lighting Artist, Technical Artist, or FX Artist.
- Experience with the production cycle of competitive multiplayer games is a big plus
- A people-first culture founded on respect, trust, approachability, and accountability.
- A stable home that values your potential, deeply cares about your work-life balance, and is committed to investing in your craft and long-term career.
- Competitive benefits package including health and family benefits, employee assistance program, flexible and paid time off, financial benefits and professional and personal development.
ABOUT PROBABLYMONSTERS™ STUDIOS
ProbablyMonsters Studios is a developer-led independent game company. Our mission is to unite, guide, and empower talented teams to create exceptional original games. We have built a sustainable development process that is committed to providing our teams the resources and creative environment needed to foster stable, rewarding, and life-long careers.
While each of our studios has a unique identity built around the type of gamer experience they are creating, all of them are bonded by the core values of respect, trust, accountability, and approachability.
Get jobs like this directly to your Inbox
Create Profile and Get Noticed