Senior Technical Artist
At RestAR were building the first self-service 3D reconstruction pipeline for ECommerce, allowing vegetation in film, VFX and game. Our innovative technology allows creators of every background -- from amateur creators to AAA studios and Hollywood FX houses -- to bring their worlds to life with realistic trees, bushes and grass. SpeedTree is now part of Unity, and is looking to bring high-quality naturalistic rendering to an even broader audience. SpeedTree offers a tight-knit, collaborative environment where your voice will be heard.
Your day-to-day work will apply your diverse technical art skillset to an application project team. As a senior technical artist, you’ll play a meaningful role in each phase of your projects, from concept and proposal to planning and implementation, through client delivery. While our focus will be on building real-time 3D experiences, you’ll also work with our engineers and designers to ingest and visualize real-world data. You’re an experienced technical artist that owns your work, helps guide others, and has an eagerness to learn and grow. You have the confidence and skills to champion and drive outstanding interactive experiences for discerning clients.
Our cross-disciplinary teams consist of world class application & cloud developers, technical artists, 3d artists, UX & UI designers. Our goal is to inspire customers and transform industries. We are committed to maintaining a diverse team, and we welcome and encourage applicants with diverse experiences and backgrounds.
What you’ll be doing
- Working closely with our developers and technical artists to evolve our tools and pipelines
- Collaborating with photogrammetry and machine learning experts as we develop new solutions for 3D scanning, design photogrammetry workflows, authoring learning materials such as blog posts, videos, and walkthroughs
What we’re looking for
- Proven understanding of modern 3-D graphics and rendering
- Professional expertise with a 3-D modeling tool such as Maya, Blender, or 3DS Max
- Competence with at least one scripting language, such as C#, Python or Lua
- Professional experience contributing to 3-D production pipelines
- Familiarity with Houdini or other procedural modeling tool
You might also have
- Strong Unity Engine skills
- Expertise related to 3D modelling, lighting, 3D Scanning
- A history of hands on-learning and problem solving
- Experience with photogrammetry
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
Unity is at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than five billion times per month in 2020. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Location: Tel Aviv, Israel
Date posted: 2022-01-20