We're looking for a talented and passionate Technical Artist (Unity), to join Wildlife's team.
Our Tech Art team creates solutions to make our game development process efficient, futureproof and scalable. Our aim is to empower great artists in allowing them to focus in the creative zones in creating amazing assets, test and integrate them into the game. This is the key in making high quality game assets effectively.
We know that the work we do has a high impact on our company's success and culture. The right person for this position is curious by nature, and comfortable in a "take the initiative" environment, loves solving problems, and can thrive in a fast and growing business.
What you'll do
- Coding: You will be supporting asset production by creating technical solutions/tools to make the artist's life easier. You will also collaborate with our engineering team on large scale and complex solutions related to asset efficiency.
- Pipeline: You will define and evangelize game development structures and processes for characters, environments, vfx and UI elements. You'll make all our processes accessible for both internal teams and external partners. You'll help create large systems in the engine to allow scalable and fast asset integration.
- Collaboration: You will be part of multiple teams, with distinct goals and parts to play in each of them. Inside the Tech Art team, you are helping the whole structure grow and find the best solutions to improve our pipeline. Inside the different game teams, you are a facilitator and an ambassador of Tech Art, and partnering with Art Directors to bring visual concepts to life inside the engine.
- Problem Solving: You will work alongside Graphics Engineers, Technical Directors and Art Directors to define and manage technical specification for all game assets, including debugging and performance analysis. You'll also give technical support to artists, solving a wide range of different problems and anticipating those that might occur in the future.
- Mentoring: As a senior member of the team, you will help mentor other Technical Artists especially in their engine knowledge, pipeline design and problem solving. You will also help spread the knowledge to the Game Art department and engineers on how our tools and solution work, making our pipeline a part of their day-to-day activities.
Nice to Have
- You have experience in authoring and optimizing assets such as character, animation, prop, vfx, material and shader in Unity.
- You have experience in Maya, working in Python and PySide.
- Ability to speak art and code.
What you'll need
- Experience working as a Senior Tech Artist in games/ interactive medium.
- Experience developing editor tools in Unity engine with C#.
- Experience with 3D software, Maya specifically.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
- A resume and an online portfolio showcasing your work.
More about you
- Engine Expertise: You have experience working with Unity and/or other game engines, have customized tools for efficient implementation and testing of assets. You also understand the impact of standardized convention and folder structures in crafting an effective pipeline.
- Organized: You are organized, especially when it comes to game development. You meticulously define naming conventions and folder structures, so that everything goes as planned. You strive for the most efficient way of doing things.
- Team Player: You are a self-motivated team player who proactively seeks feedback and shares knowledge. You are good at interacting with a wide range of people, across backgrounds and specialities.
- Documentation: You are not only good in structuring and organizing content, but also in documenting everything and making it very accessible for everyone. You are a great communicator of changes made, tools and processes.
- Growth Oriented: You are always on top of the latest tools and techniques to help shape our pipelines. Constantly on the lookout for the best solutions for implementing assets into the engine or large systems to allow for scalability.
Wildlife is one of the leading mobile game developers and publishers in the world. We have released more than 60 titles, reaching billions of people around the globe. Today, we have offices in Brazil, Argentina, Ireland, and the United States. Here, we create games that will excite, intrigue, and engage our players for years to come!
Wildlife is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, colour, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state, and local law.
We're committed to providing accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process.