Sumo Digital is opening a new studio in Bangalore and is looking for a Senior Technical Artist to join their team. The successful candidate will be responsible for designing, developing, and maintaining efficient and feature-rich art asset creation tools, plugins, and pipelines. They will collaborate with the art team and technical programmers to ensure high-quality asset delivery and champion technical and artistic best practices. The ideal candidate should have expertise in coding and documenting user-facing tools for art creation and workflow, fluency in Python, and understanding of C#. They should also have experience developing pipelines for proprietary engines and tools across multiple shipped titles and expert proficiency in working with digital art content creation tools such as Maya, 3DS Max, Photoshop, Substance, etc. Sumo Digital offers flexible working hours, group health insurance policy, term insurance, paid holidays, learning days, paternity and maternity leave, relocation assistance, competitive bonuses, and more. They encourage and welcome applicants from all backgrounds.
Following the incredible success of Sumo Pune, which since its founding in 2007 has grown to over 150 talented team members across a myriad of disciplines, Sumo Digital is opening a new studio in Bangalore to support the development of some of the most exciting video game projects in the world.
Sumo Bangalore is a new studio that will play a key part in the co-development of multiple AAA console titles across Sumo Group. We are looking to hire key specialists across Art and Engineering to join the Sumo India family.
As a Sumo Digital studio, Sumo Bangalore joins an award-winning family of international studios. Previous titles developed by Sumo Digital include the BAFTA-Award winning Sackboy: A Big Adventure, Hood: Outlaws & Legends, Control Ultimate Edition on Google Stadia, Apple Arcade Award-winning Little Orpheus, Hot Shot Racing, WST Snooker and Spyder.
As winners of the TIGA Star Employment Award for 2021, recipients of the GI Biz 2020 Best Places to Work Award and listed as one of the UK’s 100 Best Large Companies to Work for in 2021, Sumo Digital has enjoyed 18 years of stability and growth since its formation in 2003 and continues to strive for excellence across every single project.
We’d love for you to join us as we continue our journey with the launch of Sumo Bangalore.
The role @ Sumo India
Sumo Bangalore has a fantastic opportunity for a Senior Technical Artist to join our team. You will be influential in helping our studio develop original and innovative IP, alongside supporting projects across a multitude of platforms, genres, and game areas.
In this role you will be expected to champion art quality and help to create visually stunning game experiences in collaboration with our multi-disciplined development teams.
In your new role, you will:
- Act as the bridge between code and art - ensuring that the art team has the ideal tool set to meet the demands of AAA content creation
- Be responsible for the design, development, and maintenance of efficient and feature rich art asset creation tools, plugins and pipelines
- Collaborate with the art team and technical programmers
- Champion technical and artistic best practices to ensure high-quality asset delivery
- Assist in planning your work and the work of others
- Mentor less experienced people, sharing knowledge and best practices with the team
- Want to work in-studio alongside a very social and close-knit team
To be successful, you will have:
- Expertise in coding and documenting user-facing tools for art creation and workflow, with excellent UI and error handling
- Fluency in Python, understanding of C# (or other widely used language)
- Experience developing pipelines for proprietary engines and tools across multiple shipped titles
- Adept in balancing aesthetic needs and optimization and able to foresee conflicts in advance
- Expert proficiency in working "under the hood" with digital art content creation tools such as Maya, 3DS Max Photoshop, Substance, etc.
- Knowledge of rigging, shaders, and VFX
- Understanding of artistic principles (scale/proportion, lighting, composition)
Experience in any of these areas will be advantageous but not essential:
- Shipped multiple titles with at least one AAA game in a key position
- Prior console development experience
- Unity Engine
- Unreal Engine
What we offer:
· Flexible working hours
· Group Health Insurance Policy – Self, spouse and children covered up to 6 Lacs.
· Term Insurance – 4 times of current CTC
· 21 days of paid holidays with four statutory days,
· Five Learning days each year,
· 4-weeks paternity leave, 6 Months Maternity leave.
· Arrangements for bereavement, adoption and sabbaticals etc.
· Monthly snacks amount top-up to your Sodexo card.
· Competitive bonuses
· Relocation Assistance
· Industry-leading recruitment Referral Scheme
· Special Occasion Celebration & Celebration vouchers
· Timely care packages
· Regular socials including: Movie nights, online watch parties, dinner parties, an invite to the much-loved ‘Sumo Big Day Out’ for you and your family.
· Employee Assistance program
· Gaming Events and activities include team lunch/ team dinner.
· Recognition of service length awards.
Where do we stand on diversity?
At Sumo Digital, we want to enable everyone to bring their full, authentic selves to work every single day. We acknowledge that the games industry is far from perfect and a global organisation with people all over the world, from all kinds of backgrounds, we know it’s part of our duty to provide everyone at Sumo with a safe, accepting and affirming working environment.
We encourage and welcome applicants from all backgrounds.
Apply for this job
Date found: 2023-03-17