Jam City, a leading mobile games developer, is seeking a Senior Technical Artist to support their Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery game. The ideal candidate should have experience in developing and streamlining tools for asset delivery from Maya into the game engine, creating high-quality character and prop rigs, and collaborating with fellow artists and engineers on art implementation. The candidate should also have extended rigging and tooling knowledge in Maya, experience working with game engineers, and an understanding of the technical limitations of mobile gaming production. The position offers a salary range of $91,000 to $159,500 per year, along with benefits such as unlimited vacation, paid sick days, medical and dental insurance, and 401k. Jam City is committed to creating an inclusive and diverse workforce and is an equal opportunity employer.
As a leading mobile games developer, Jam City is looking to “level up” our talent. We’re on the hunt for innovators who consider themselves dynamic, collaborative and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
PERKS & BENEFITS
Unlimited Vacation, Paid Sick Days, Kin Care & Holidays*
100% Covered Medical and Company-Sponsored Dental & Vision (Plans Vary)*
Life Insurance, 401k, Flexible Spending Accounts, Commuter Benefits & More*
Wellness Activities & Programs
12 Weeks Paid Parental Leave*
*Only applies to full-time positions.
We are looking for a talented Senior Technical Artist to support our Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery game! Your role is to create complex tools, rigs across a variety of assets, work on general technical problem solving/support, help in improving the overall pipeline, and work closely with fellow artists & engineers on art implementation to the game.
**In order to be considered, you MUST provide us with either a link to an online portfolio, website or a demo reel showcasing recent work upon application submittal.
- Develop and streamline tools for asset delivery from Maya into our game engine (including models, animations, and shaders).
- Improve art and animation implementation by writing tools and establishing automated workflows.
- Create high-quality character and prop rigs, based upon guidelines defined by art and animation and within the technical constraints of the game.
- Responsible for collaboratively developing the production pipeline to ensure efficient asset creation and delivery, and a streamlined process for artists and engineers.
- Develop shaders in Maya and collaborate with engineering for parallel development in the game engine.
- Identify redundancies in our workflow and provide solutions for automation.
- Provide feedback to modelers to enhance the quality of the rigs.
- Provide rigging and skinning feedback to outsource studios.
- Help to drive and direct overall character and asset pipeline for future project needs, with tool/workflow development geared towards extensibility and flexibility for upcoming needs.
- Create documentation for tools, rigs, and workflows.
- Must have worked on at least two 3D games from conception to completion.
- Excellent problem solver, great at deductive reasoning, and on the lookout for out-of-the-box solutions.
- Extended rigging and tooling knowledge in Maya.
- Experience working with game engineers.
- Great artistic sensibility and ability to execute the art direction through technical means.
- Understanding of the technical limitations of mobile gaming production.
- Understanding of character design and animation, as it relates to rig development.
- Experienced in PyMel and Python.
- Familiarity with Maya Python API.
- Degree in Art or related field.
NICE TO HAVE
- Shader creation/writing experience.
- Familiarity with tool creation for Photoshop.
- Experience in C#.
- Experience leading a design and/or art team for either iPhone or Android applications.
In compliance with local law, we are disclosing the compensation for this role. The range listed is just one component of Jam City's total compensation package for employees, which may also include annual bonuses, short- and long-term incentives, and program-specific awards. The disclosed range estimate has not been adjusted for the applicable geographic differential associated with the location at which the position may be filled. Starting pay for the successful applicant will depend on a variety of job-related factors, which may include education, training, experience, certifications, location, business needs, or market demands. This range is based on a full-time position. This range may be modified in the future. In addition, Jam City provides a variety of benefits to employees, including but not limited to medical, dental, vision, parental leave, paid time off, a 401(k) plan, life, disability, and accident insurance. Pay Range: $91,000 — $159,500 salary per year.
CHECK OUT LIFE AS A JAM CITIZEN:
- Company news and events on our LinkedIn
- Company Blog
- Employee Feedback on our Comparably page
- Find videos on our teams and games on our Youtube
OUR COMMITMENT TO EQUITY, DIVERSITY, & INCLUSION
We believe in creating games that unite people across the world and that showcase our commitment to providing an environment that is both inclusive and diverse for our players and employees. We strive to create a workforce that is reflective of our global player community as we know that we are stronger and better when we play together. To help promote an inclusive culture, we celebrate the visible and invisible diversity of our Jam Citizens through initiatives including Employee Resource Groups, cultural events, trainings, speaker series, and more.
Jam City is an equal opportunity employer. We enthusiastically accept our responsibility to make employment decisions without regard to race, age, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, ancestry, religion, ethnicity, marital, or domestic partnerships status, disability, genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing), predisposing genetic characteristics, military status, veteran status, domestic violence victim status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expressions, or any other classification protected by federal, state, and local laws. Our management is committed to following this policy with respect to hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, demotion, layoff, termination, recruiting, pay, and other forms of compensation, training, and general treatment during employment.
ABOUT JAM CITY
Jam City is an award-winning mobile entertainment studio providing unique and deeply engaging games that appeal to a broad, global audience.
Led by CEO Josh Yguado, former 20th Century Fox executive, Jam City is the creative powerhouse behind some of the highest-grossing and most enduring mobile games. Jam City’s global franchise Cookie Jam has generated more than half a billion dollars, and Panda Pop has more than 120 million downloads to date.
The company also is the go-to studio for Hollywood, having developed immersive, narrative-rich mobile games around iconic entertainment brands. The company’s popular RPG game Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery was the #1 game in more than 40 countries at its launch in April 2018.
Jam City has nine studios located in Los Angeles (HQ), Berlin, Buenos Aires, Bogotá, Burbank, Cedar Falls, San Diego, San Francisco, and Toronto.
Apply for this job
Location: San Francisco, CA
Country: United States
Date found: 2023-03-17