PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
***This role has the flexibility to be fully remote***
Senior Technical Artist, Weapons & Vehicles
Sony Bend Studio, renowned creator of Days Gone, Uncharted: Golden Abyss, and Syphon Filter, is seeking outstanding talent to join our passionate and creative family in crafting our next high-profile AAA console title.
We are seeking a Senior Technical Artist who will contribute to the artistic vision and development of a AAA product with a specialized focus on creating weapon and vehicle assets, art tools, techniques, and processes.
- Create high quality weapon and vehicle rigs.
- Work with design, engineering, and art leadership to drive development of the weapon and vehicle asset pipeline.
- Manage the creation of related weapon and vehicle art assembly tools.
- Contribute to the development and management of weapon and vehicle assets that align with artistic direction.
- Be responsible for weapon and vehicle asset optimization and ensure that performance requirements are met.
- Expert understanding of Python.
- Expert understanding of Maya.
- Extensive portfolio with examples of current, hands-on work.
- Multiple examples of tools and scripts for asset creation.
- Some existing current-gen video game platform experience is desirable.
- Knowledge of Maya API.
- Understanding of C++.
- Good understanding of firearm and vehicle mechanics or engineering.
At SIE, we consider several factors when setting each role’s base pay range, including the competitive benchmarking data for the market and geographic location.
Please note that the base pay range may vary in line with our hybrid working policy and individual base pay will be determined based on job-related factors which may include knowledge, skills, experience, and location.
In addition, this role is eligible for SIE’s top-tier benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, matching 401(k), paid time off, wellness program and coveted employee discounts for Sony products. This role also may be eligible for a bonus package. Click here to learn more.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.
Location: United States, Remote
Country: United States