Imagendary Studios is a next generation AAA development studio. Committed to the development of high-quality animation and AAA games, Imagendary currently leads a global team with two office locations in Irvine, California and Xuhui, Shanghai. Driven by an ambition to break the barriers between traditional films and games, Imagendary is dedicated to deliver the most unique and extraordinary entertainment experiences to gamers and audiences across the world.
Imagendary Studios is seeking a highly skilled and talented Senior Lighting Technical Artist to join our core team developing high quality AAA games and cinematic animation. The ideal candidate is a skilled Technical Artist with experience in Lighting. You will be collaborating with artists, designers, and engineers to develop efficient, intuitive workflows, build production tools, and identify performance metrics parameters.
- Serve as a liaison between Design/Art and Engineering teams, working closely with our Lighting Artists and Engineers.
- Consult with other technical artists to identify solutions, efficiencies, and tools for the enhancement of lighting.
- Help establish, communicate, and enforce guidelines, standards, and budget for lighting solutions.
- Create and maintain documentation of lighting processes, pipelines, workflows, and technology.
- Help prototype, test, and verify dynamic or baked and UE5 Lumen lighting techniques and tools.
- Run tests against established standards, prerender and realtime rendering systems with real-life lighting references to verify game/film content.
- Contribute to the growth of a startup studio.
- 4+ years of professional experience in the game/film industry as a Technical Artist focusing on lighting.
- Strong understanding of CG lighting technology, both real-time and software rendering.
- Strong experience of lighting theory, color space, photography, exposure, reflection, occlusion, dynamic range, color correction, post-process, etc.
- Strong knowledge of physically based materials and workflows, global illumination and light baking techniques.
- Experience with real-time game Engine such as Unreal Engine.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Lead or team management experience in AAA game development or Film production.
- Passion for gaming.
Imagendary Studios launched in 2021 with the vision to develop the next generation of IP, story, and world building for AAA games and cinematic animations.
We are committed to building a global community that embraces collaboration, creativity, and delivering the highest quality work. At Imagendary we believe that by building a global community that embraces diversity, authenticity, and inclusivity we will succeed in delivering the most unique and extraordinary entertainment experience to players and audiences across the world.
Get jobs like this directly to your Inbox
Create Profile and Get Noticed