Senior Technical Artist, Lighting
We are looking for a Senior Technical Artist, specializing in the field of lighting and rendering.
While cooperating with engineers, designers, product managers and fellow tech artists, you will help design, implement, test, and document lighting technologies and their corresponding user-facing tools. The role may also involve the production of articles, talks, and scene samples for educational and marketing purposes.
Your deep understanding of lighting theory, including offline and real-time rendering techniques, will help create systems that will empower hundreds of thousands of creators to build impressive experiences on a variety of platforms.
If you are an artist or engineer who enjoys solving technical problems and is passionate about lighting, rendering and visual fidelity, this is a rare opportunity for you to have an impact on the entire community of Unity creators!
What you’ll be doing
- Collaborate closely with engineers, designers, and artists to build and improve lighting and rendering solutions
- Advocate for elegant and efficient workflows to maximize creators’ productivity
- Contribute to user research, documentation, training materials, presentations and demos
What we’re looking for
- Great understanding of state-of-the-art real-time and offline rendering techniques, e.g. shaders, lightmap, light probes, and raytracing
- Deeply involved with lighting production on extensive real-time projects as a lighting artist, technical artist, graphics engineer or similar
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Proven experience of real-time game engines such as Unity, Unreal Engine or similar
You might also have
- Knowledge of a programming or shader language, such as C# or HLSL
- UI design skills
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
Unity is at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than five billion times per month in 2020. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark
Date posted: 2022-01-20